My Dad Turns 89 Today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, May 9, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Wow he's gettin' up there!,,,,lolol,,,I'm going to see him tommorow to take him out for lunch and a drive,,,,He has all sorts of stuff going on today at the Nursing home!,,,,,,,,Big Party!,,,,Plus i will visit Moms grave site and leave her some Miniture roses (Her Fave!),,,,,i'll put a photo up of Dad,,,,,Sis
  2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Yup he is getting up there.....Have a great time with your dad.....
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

I wonder how old we are going to make it to!,,,,,lolol,,Now they are saying that people can live to be in the 100's,,,,,,,He's pretty healthy now actualy,,,,years ago he had a stroke and 2 heart attacks,,,,,,,and several surgerys,,,,,,He came out of all that with flying colors ,,,,,His mind is as sharp as a tac to Now!,,,,,,Walks with a cain and plays the Harmonica,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

That's so neat. I bet your dad will love the party and getting a nice lunch and special visit from you. I think older people are amazing and have such awesome stories to tell; we can learn so much from them.

That's really sweet that you are leaving mini roses at your mom's grave site too. What a great daughter you are!

All the best, Erika
  5. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Awwwwww, what a great picture of your Dad. He looks so happy and full of life. Definetly doesn't look 89. That is so great, Sis.

My Dad is 78 now and I hope he makes it till 100. He looks 60, plays golf and is fit as a fiddle. He was a mailman all his working days, so I think that helped a lot.

Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday to your Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. sisland

sisland New Member

I'll tell him you all send Happy Birthday wishes!,,Lindyl,,,there's a photo up now,,but i'll take my camera along tommorow and get a new photo of him,,,,,

Again i Thankyou all for your Greetings!

Mickey,,,your Dad Sounds like he's doin' Great Too,,,,,,,,Sis
  7. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Happy Birthday to your Dad!! 89yrs. is not as old as it used to be:) Your Dad is enjoying life, that's wonderful. Have a nice time with him tomorrow.

8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Best wishes to your dad.

I hope to make it to 89 myself. Always wanted to play the harmonica.

9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Happy Birthday to your Dad, thats a great age.

Enjoy yourselves.

10. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed a day but I hope you had a great time with your dad on his birthday.. I am sure he really loved it all and being with you. That is a cute pic of him in your bio.

Yes, enjoy them while they are here. I really miss both of my parents. There were so geat but we lived many miles away but were very close.

Hugs and blessings,

11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

with and for your dad. 89 is the new 69 so I am told!!! All my neighboring ladies (Italians all) are past 80 and are full of zip. My dad in law will be 91 this year and plays tennis three times a week, does 55 push ups daily and downhill skis all winter.

Whew.....takes all sorts!!!

Have a wonderful day.

Love Annie
  12. poets

poets Member

I think it's great that your Dad is still perking and in such good shape. I wish him the happiest of birthdays!

My Dad passed away a year ago at 79. You are so blessed. What I wouldn't give to have had ten more years with him.

13. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks Everyone!!

Dad and i had a splendid day! I got up really earlie (6 am),,,,and was ready to go by 10,,,lolol,,,,,it's an hour and 20 minute Drive,,,to get there,,,,,

anyway he was ready to go right when i got there,,,,standing in the lobby with his hat on and his leather vest,,,oh yes and his shirt and pants tooo,,,,,,,,,lolol,,,,,

I got him a really nice woolrich coat for his birthday and some white hankies (per his request on the hankerchiefs),,,also made him some Chocolate chip cookies,,,,,

Anyway he has had 2 Birthday parties by the time i got there,,,,,He loves all the attention and deserves it too,,,,
    We headed out to his favourite restuarant and had lunch,,,,,,,,he loves fish and chips so thats what i got for him,,,,,,Then we loaded up again and went for a drive up by the Canadain Border on this road that still has alot of the origional homesteads on it,,,

now passed down to all the kids in the family's but still has alot of the origional buildings and houses on it,,,He knew every Family's name and exactly when they settled and all their kids names ,,,etc,,,,,

sorry i'm rattleing on and on,,,,,,But to make a long story short ,,,,,I had a Wonderful day with Dad! stopped at the Cemetary on the way home to put flowers on Mom's grave,,,,,,,,Spring has finally sprung in Montana,,,,Yea!

Thankyou all for sharing your stories about your Dad's and for Helping me wish Dad a Happy Birthday,,,,,love,,,,Sis
  14. dustymule

dustymule New Member

Have a WONDERFUL celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Awwww Sis, you really made your Dad's day. What a special time he had with you. I bet he will never forget what you did for him. You are truly a special daughter.

I am so happy for him, as you probably have put a smile on his face forever now.

Thanks for sharing this with all of us.