My Dad

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by MarcRaim, Mar 15, 2002.

1. MarcRaim

MarcRaim New Member

My father, who is 80, has been having "spells" where he can't talk and can't remember the names of his grandchildren or the president. He has been hospitalized for this five times in the past nine months, including last night. This time he could feel his heart pumping and when he got to the hospital his systolic pressure was over 200. The doctors got his pressure and heart rate down, and he seemed fine when I spoke with him earlier this evening. Any positive thoughts or prayers on his behalf would be greatly appreciated.

Marc
  2. BonnieQ

BonnieQ Member

I will think postive thoughts and pray for your father, you are so lucky to have him around still at the age of 80! I wish my mother and father were still alive, but they are in my heart. BonnieQ
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Marc, will be in prayer for your Dad. Please keep us updated on how he is doing.

God Bless,

Shalom, Shirl
  4. MarcRaim

MarcRaim New Member

Shirl,

I spent the afternoon with my dad at the hospital and he's doing fairly well. Blood pressure this afternoon was 123/83 (which is probably lower than mine!!!), but his pulse is still very irregular, although much slower than when he was admitted. He was placed on Cardizem, which is supposed to lower blood pressure as well as stabilize and decrease heart rate. They are now calling his "spells" TIA's (mini-strokes); but no one will tell me whether or not the TIA's mean a major stroke is coming.

The scary part is that I can literally see him aging each time I see him.

Marc

5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I will continue to pray for him, and also for those doctors who are treating him.

It is so hard when you see them ageing like you mentioned. I recall that with my Dad. You are fortunate to have you Dad this long, I lost mine when he was only 58 years old. He had a liver problem, and the man never drank anything, not even a beer. The doctors claimed it was the chemicals he inhaled at the work he did. Who knows?

That blood pressure reading sounds great for him.

Hopefully everything will be better by tomorrow.

Take care, and you try to stay calm, no point in you getting sick too.

God bless Marc, and do take care of yourself too.

Shalom, Shirl

6. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I also have been praying for Dad and for you.
    Sounds like he is getting the right care.
    I pray God will give you both His strength and peace during this time.
    Thanks for giving us the privilege of praying for him. Keep us informed.
    In His Love,
    Harmony