My Dad

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ksp56, Aug 9, 2003.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I recently found the fibro board and post there. It is a blessing to know this board is here also.

My Dad died, June 9, after a, brave year long, battle with cancer. Dad was (it's hard to type 'was')an incredible human. Loving, thoughtful, humble, etc. We miss him very much.

I would like to ask for prayers for our family. My Mom and I have talked about how the pain has increased, the last three weeks, which is normal. My 19 y/o brother died 26 years ago after a car accident, so we do understand grief.

We feel so lost and so empty and sad. Very, very sad. My older children and my young neice and nephews are having a very difficult time also..

I believe in the power of prayer and I would be so thankful if you would keep, Mom and our family, in your prayers as we face the days and months ahead. Any support is very meaningful. This is just a really rough time.

I thank you all and wish you God's blessings in all aspects of your lives.....

Hugs,

Kim

2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad passing away. I know it has to be a difficult time for you and your family. I will be in prayer for you all that God will give you His comfort and strength as you grieve. I pray you will feel His presence surrounding you and you will know His peace that only He can give.

Welcome to the Worship Board! It is nice to have you here with us.

Love,
    Harmony
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I lost my dad 5 years ago to cancer. Its a very hard thing to see and go through. I`m asking God to help you through the grief. Also, remember the good times.

Remember that he is in a better place and that he can still come around you in spirit. I feel my dads presence alot and I talk to him all the time.

They are always with us and love us eternally as does God.

Thoughts and prayers,
    Sandyz
  4. fibrojewel

fibrojewel New Member

I lost my Dad in 1981, that was a very long time ago, but the hurt is still there. It does get easier to deal with but I miss him so very much, and would give almost anything to be able to talk with him sometimes!

I will lift your family up to God and ask for comfort.
    Please keep us posted, and stay close.

In His Name,
    *jewel*
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will keep your family in prayer for their grief, I am so sorry to hear of the lost of your Dad and your brother.

I have no family except my children and 2 grandchildren and my husband left.

I am familiar with that grief all of you are going throught. Without the Lord I would not have made it through it all.

Blessings, and the peace that passes understanding for your whole family.

Shalom, Shirl