My dad's open heart surgery is tommorrow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Hi all, I did add this to prayer requests also but I did not want anyone to miss this.

Please pray for my father tommorrow he is having open heart surgery at 8:00am.

Also keep me in your thought my mother in law is here and she is driving me crazy. I am trying to do everything I can to be pleasant but she is not nice at all.

I have a doctor's appointment today at 3:30 and she is inviting herself to come and go into the office to talk to the doctor too. I think she is thinking I make up my illness to cause her little boy problems. We'll I guess the doctor will tell her what not.

Anyways have a greeat day,

thanks,

Christina
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Your MIL thinks she is going into the appt with you??????? No WAY!?! I would not go for that.

You need a ton of prayers dear. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers in the next few days. I wish your Father a speedy recovery - I'm sure he will come through with flying colors.

Thinking of you.

Kelly
  3. Christinawensell

Hi, I go for my appointment today at Cigna- @ Suncity offices. The doctor's name is Samuel Magazu. He actually is very good.
    I have seen other doctor's but he is my main one right now. I have not been doing well lately because of my kidneys and also I think I might have had a ovarian cyst break last week, which was added to all my other aches and pains.

Where do you go for treatment?

Nice to have a fellow Arizonan to talk to. :)

blessings
    Christina
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Just to let you know that you are in my thoughts this week.You do have a lot of extra stress. I'm amazed at how strong you have been through all this. Just remember that you are strong enough to get through this.
    Let us know how your Dad's surgery goes. The open heart surgeons these days are so wise and so skillful. He will be in good hands.

Blessings.

Kathy.
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I'll be praying for your father to successfully undergo his surgery, and for you while you are waiting.

You also need all of the prayers you can get for tolerating your MIL during a stressful time like this for you.

I also have an evil MIL and know what I would like to do with mine!!

I can not believe that she would insist upon going to the doctor with you, as well as go in the exam room with you!! I hope your doctor tells her what she NEEDS to hear and then asks her to leave the room and wait for you in the waiting room!!

Good luck with everything that's going on at your house.

Much love,
    Janet
  6. therxmouse

therxmouse New Member

How scared you and your father must be. Try to be positive (easier said than done) about the process and upbeat in front of your father, let him feel how much you love him.

Your MIL sounds like a real pain! Take a deep breath and count to 10 (or 20!) Do you think it's possible she wants to understand your illness better? If that's the case give her a good book on FM. Her going ~uninvited~ to the Dr. with you is a total invasion of your privacy.

7. therxmouse

therxmouse New Member

That is the funniest story, I actualy laughed out loud. Thanks for sharing.
  8. Christinawensell

Thank you Mysticbrit that was so funny. I needed that today.I think I will find the elevator right away. LOL.

My husband is the baby out of 5 kids, so I think that would make you understand how she is. She is very old fashion. Not that old fashion is bad, but it was not the way I was raised and we clash. My mother is 60 years old and my husbands mom is 81. Completely different.

I understand that she loves her son and wants the best for him, but stop trying to tell him that this illness is all in my head and I am not sick.

I think that with her coming today and hearing it first hand the things I have dealt with she may have a different attitude. If not she will be going home soon and then I can get back to things as normal.

My MIL is visiting my mother today, OH BOY, My mom loves me to death though. I guess my mother was showing my MIL a 10 by 13 cross stich picture I had done for her several years ago and as they were walking into the other room (on the steps) my mother in law fell down the steps. I feel sorry that happened. I have called and called a few times now and I guess she is okay.

Just to lighten up my mom though I told her " I said to say good things about me, not kill her and trip her down the steps." my mom said " I didn't mean to" I was just kidding.
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

for your dad and you tomorrow.

AND, plenty of prayers for you today with your MIL. She is really nervy! Do you want her to go with you? If not, you could tell her, but if you think your doctor will be plenty frank, it might be a good thing if she listens and really hears what he's saying, not what she's already decided. She may discount his info also.

Poor dear. Hope you get rest tonight.

Hugs,
    Sue
  10. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Praying for you too...

God bless, Love Shelbo
  11. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Nuh-uh. She is not going into the room with you and your doctor. He can speak with her afterwards if she insists on tagging along. That way you can tell the doctor to tell your MIL to cut you some slack; that the stress is making things worse, and she isn't helping -- well, not in those words, of course.

I will say a prayer for your dad and for you as well. I, too, know how difficult it is on you when parents are not well; so please try to relax as much as you possibly can, and don't forget to breathe. It's very true that this surgery has an extremely high success rate. We're all praying for you both! Try not to let your MIL get to you.

Love,
    Bebe
  12. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I do not think the doctor will appreciate your MIL coming in the room. There are very strict privacy laws now about medical information and doctors don't like to share info with "third parties".

My doctor won't even discuss my husband's medical problems with me. Don't have her in the room under any circumstances.

Simply tell her no, she is not going with you. End of discussion. If you continue to allow her to walk all over you, that is exactly what she will do, and worse as time goes on.

I will keep your dad in my prayers.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2005]
  13. windblade

windblade Active Member

Special prayers for your Dad's surgery
    and for you!

God bless
  14. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I know it does no good to say try not to worry but with all these prayers...you are in good hands.
    As for your MIL, if you trust your doctor to put her in her place and tell her how bad this DD is, I say let her go in with you. She will be amazed you are even moving let alone taking care of everything but if your doctor is likely to not talk openly in front of your MIL, then I say tell her to stay away. You don't need any added problems at this time. You probably know how your doctor will react. Mine would tell it like it is and put her in her place. Hope yours will too. Keep good thoughts today and you will be in my mine too.
    Stinker56
  15. Christinawensell

for all your prayers, PLease keep praying.

First of all went to the doctor found I have several kidney stones in both kidneys. No wonder I am in so pain. Going to the Urologist tomorrow morning.

Next my dad made it through surgery but is in alot of pain. Please keep him in your prayers.

Blessings, Christina