My daughter and I need prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lrning2cope, Aug 23, 2008.

1. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Our cat is dying . I know this seems silly to some people , but that cat has been my friend when there was no one here and it was just Figaro and I . I haven't even come here to ask for prayer for my fibro before , though I should have .

Please pray that he passes without pain.

Thank you .

Holly
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Holly,

I so understand! I've had cats all my life and have had to go through many deaths. It's always very tramatic because they are my buddies. I'll pray for Figaro but even more so for you because it's a hard thing to go through.

(((((HUGS!)))))

kbak
  3. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Thank you so much for the prayer for Figaro and my daughter and I . It is so nice to know someone cares. We took Figaro to the vet to have him put to sleep and she said that there may be hope ! He has mild kidney disease that we didn't know about .

Now , the hard part , he needs to have his fluids replenished and the vet is closed on Sunday , so I have to give him an IV tommorrow . Could you please pray that I can do it and not hurt him too much ? I am a diabetic and I can give myself 8 shots a day , but doing this to Figaro has already got me tense. My fibro is of course coming on full force too.

Thank you so much . I know that you don't "know " me . I am usually just on the fibro board . God Bless you for caring .

In His Grace ,
    Holly
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi,

Praying for your giving Figaro his IV tomorrow (Sunday).

May God give you focus, and steadiness, and patient determination to give your beloved cat the care he needs!

Our animals are so important to us - the bond is so strong.

Praying for your daughter also - such a painful thing to go through.

I so hope the IV will help Figaro.

Please let us know how he's doing!

God bless,
    Judy
  5. kbak

kbak Member

I'm so glad to hear that there's some hope. I pray God gives you a steady hand when giving the shots. Isn't it wonderful that you already have experience giving shots!

Tell Figaro I told him to hang in there! Praying for better days for all of you.

kbak
  6. singingirl

singingirl New Member

My cat of 7 years just passed away yesterday. I know how you feel. I have cried and cried. God bless you and your daughter.
  7. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

We have been taking Figaro to the vet everyday , as we couldn't bring ourselves to give him the IV's.

We took him in tonight and when we got back into the car , he started seizing up and choking and he lost all bodily functions. We ran him back in to the vet and she said his body had just given up and so had his will . We had to put him to sleep right there , about 30 minutes ago.

He was such a good boy.

Please pray for my daughter and I in our grief . We though Figaro was getting better , but we should have known , We had to feed him with a syringe and he didn't drink at all . The only fluids he got were through the IV. We didn't want him to suffer anymore , so , we did what we thought would be the best . He would have had to have blood transfusions and IVs and he still would have died a slow death , so , I really believe it was a God thing that he seized in the vets parking lot so he wouldn' t have to suffer anymore than he did.

Please pray for us .

Thank you ,

Holly
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

Yes, I remember having to make that decision for my beloved dog who was 15 years old. We were so close!

It is so heartbreaking.

Praying for you and your daughter. You did the right thing, out of your deep love for Figaro.

Judy
  9. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Prayers are so important in a time like this. I keep looking for Figaro and making sure that I don't roll my chair over him . I guess maybe that is the denial part. I just feel numb.

Thank you for your prayers though . It means the world to me that people will pray even though they don't know me. I do feel that we are all brothers and sisters in the Lord and that makes it feel like I do know you .

I am in a fog today.I hope i am making sense.

In His Grace ,
    Holly