My daughter has a question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DVoit, Nov 7, 2005.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

My daughter is 34. She just asked me to ask you if you have had FMS your whole life. She says she can remember about 6 years old feeling pain and fatigue. Thanks for your input.

Donna
  2. orachel

orachel New Member

I was only diagnosed 5 mos ago....and really only been severely symptomatic since then. But the more I look back...I realize that I was CHRONICALLY ill as a child. Was very into professional career and never been fired, but sort of approached by two bosses to speak to me about "excessive sick time".....I think this has been with me since early childhood. I just always referred to myself as a "sickie" lol. But the pain the way it is now...terrible with fatigue...that just started 5 mos ago.

Oh, but tell your daughter they're now diagnosing FM very frequently in TODDLERS![This Message was Edited on 11/07/2005]
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

The doctors now believe that I have had fibro and lupus since I was in grade school.

I used to lie on the couch with extremely bad leg pains and other general pain. My mom took me to several docs. One thought I had MS, the other said it was growing pains, and the other said he just didn't know what was wrong with me.

I would get sick if I were out in the heat, I got red rashes on my face--overall photo sensitivity, had achy joints, etc. - many lupus symptoms.

They just did not know what it was back then. I am almost 55 now.

Janet

Edit - I forgot, I was always too tired to want to go outside and play to to do anything.[This Message was Edited on 11/07/2005]
  4. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

I had a wonderful doctor that we(my siblings and I) went too. He never could figure what was going on back then. But to his credit that long ago FM was virtually unheard of especially in my small town.

I missed tons of schools.....but everything always got chalked up to "growing pains". My FM was kicked into high gear, so to speak, from 2 car accidents in 1998.

Hope this helps!

Hugs,
    Jen
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2005]
  5. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

of things in our system. I think we are wonderfully made, by GOD, but the world has fallen and we have had to pay the price. sickness is part of that.
    I read the bible, and thats what GOD's words say....
    so, as a Christian believer, I must trust those words.

I think personally, our bodies were never ment to suffer this way. We were perfectly made in the likeness of GOD.
    How can perfection be sickly?
    So, that's the spiritual side of my answer.

on the world's side, medically speaking from personal experiences...
    I have felt that my symptoms have come from childhood.
    all the colds, flu, other immune system defects as we grow and then add all the things we have chosen to do...
    physically, plus our emotional limits, add it all up.

Yes, I agree, fatigue and pain are compounds of living in the world.
    truthfully..... I am sick and tired of this life.
    (pain and fatigue)= blah.
  6. millennia

millennia New Member

I was always sickly as a child. Not sure if I had fibro back then, if my illnesses caused the fibro, if they are totally unrelated or if some third thing caused me to sick as a child and have fibro. They teach you in psych that correlation does not mean causation. It would be nice to know.