My daughter has FM and wants to withdraw

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kansas55, May 12, 2006.

1. kansas55

kansas55 New Member

I'm so new at knowing anything about FM, but I'm very concerned about my daughter who has this horrible disease.

My daughter wants to know if it's okay if she feels like going crazy to get rid of the pain. She can barely hold a pen to sign her name. She doesn't sleep and is having a hard time verbalizing things lately. She has degrees in English and foreign languages and suddenly can't remember how to say what she wants to say in English. She says the words may or may not be there and when they are, she can't get them out of her mouth.

My daughter was very atheletic in school and wanted to run the Boston Marathon some day. Now she can barely get her running shoes on her feet and then she has to rest to get the strength up to go out for a jog.

This is such a horrible disease!

I told her I'd help her find a support group for her to go to in the Omaha area. Is there one that anyone knows of?

If not, there should be.

I went ahead and emailed her this web site. I hope she feels up to looking you all over.
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm sorry your daughter is suffering to such an intense degree. Though fibromyalgia may express itself anywhere along the continuum of mild symptoms to severe and disabling symptoms, there are many on this board who can relate to what your daughter is going through. God bless her.

People have been known to recover (particularly young people with a diagnosis shortly after the onset of symptoms) though many of us have been labeled chronic and must find a way to live our lives within the limitations that fibromyalgia imposes.

I hope you find a nearby support group and in the meantime (and throughout the course of this illness) I hope your daughter can find support through this forum.

There is life after fibromyalgia and by working with a health practitioner who cares, pacing her activities and reducing stress, your daughter's quality of life can be greatly improved.

You sound like a caring mother and - since family support is key - your daughter is fortunate in that regard.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

3. patches25

patches25 New Member

Has your daughter been checked for Lyme and the Co-infections? You might want to check the Lyme boards on the internet and read what is said about the various types of testing and which give good results. It certainly is worth looking into this since area you live in has a high rate of Lyme. Good luck. E.
  4. kansas55

kansas55 New Member

I see after reading all of the responses and searching just the titles of the other threads, that my daughter isn't alone.

She has a good rheumatologist in Omaha and has been going to water therapy for a few months. She says she feels like Jennie Soup when she's done, but can sleep afterward. She works full time and her boss is really understanding of her need for days off when she can't function. She just called on her way home for lunch and said she was going to lay down and sleep and wondered if I'd call and wake her up in an hour.

She is also having problems with her fiance'. He doesn't understand and she thinks the relationship is over. She's very sad about this right now.

I mentioned coming on this site and told her that tonight she should visit it and maybe chat or leave a message. Get to know some of you. She said she would. Look for her.

God Bless you all
  5. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Suffer so very much.
    Please tell her she is not alone. I feel her pain completely. I think feeling so alone was the hardest thing.
    I am having a few "better" days but who knows how long that will last.

Please tell her I am here for her.

Tracy
  6. kansas55

kansas55 New Member

I think the hardest part for me is that I live 200 miles away from her and I can't do anything for her. I don't think I could if I lived next door, but I'd try.

She has felt bad for about 8 years. She had pancreatitis two and a half years ago and ever since then, her pain has been increasingly worse. She has good days and then you can hear it in her voice, but that seems to have been a long time ago when she felt good. Now with her fiance' leaving her because of this, she's down again. I think stress really plays a big part in this disease.

Her computer is her best friend these days. She will play games or chat with friends when she can't sleep.

She has been tested for everything under the sun and they couldn't find anything concrete until she went to the rheumatologist and he immediately diagnosed her. My sister also has FM and CFS and my oldest daughter who is 27 has JRA.

I hope she finds you tonight.
  7. jakeg

jakeg New Member

http://fmaware.org/fame%0newsletter/famedirect_nebraska.htm

Jake
  8. rinaldo

rinaldo New Member

HI Your daughter should be tested for candida yeast in her body. It done thru a bood test.
  9. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Really wish I could give you my email to give to her. I so want to reach out and just be there for her.

This moment is so very hard for her. It will pass but it won't feel like it to her.

Tell her to come here. We will welcome her and she won't feel so alone.
    It helped me.
  10. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

He was the house band at Bourbon st.All of our grown children live there too.You will find a support group that will hopefully have a lot of info for you.Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 05/12/2006]
  11. kansas55

kansas55 New Member

Mom, I'm a mom to three daughters. I know, Jen my middle who has FM and CFS is here somewhere. She said she would come here tonight and even mentioned to me on the phone that she was glad that I gave her the website. I don't know her log in name, but hopefully you will find her. She's a beautiful person and I love her so much. THanks for your kind words and I pray that you two will meet up.
    May God bless you, Kathy
  12. kansas55

kansas55 New Member

My daughter is sick. What is it that I hear? Is Fibro and CFS a disease or is it and symptom?
  13. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Is a syndrome.
    A syndrome is where there are a lot of different symptoms but no actually dx. Just an accumulation of symptoms.
  14. winsomme

winsomme New Member

i don't know very much about this DR, but i have seen her mentioned in differnet CFS circles and she is the only one that i have seen in the area near Omaha.

i don't really know how near Kansas City is to Omaha, but i thought i would post her website just in case:

www.carolannrysermd.net/

Health Centers
    of America
    Kansas City, LLC.
    5308 E. 115th St
    Kansas City , MO. 64137
    (816) 763-9165

again, i don't have any first hand info about this Doc, but maybe someone else on here has seen her.

thanks
    bill