My daughter is dating....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Feb 15, 2007.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Wow, can you believe it?

He's here, has a great job and future and takes really good care of her. (not an internet relationship like the last one with a friend from high school who turned on her, yet that was all she was ready for at the time)

She's only had really bad experiences in the past, has been brutalized and abused, yet she's dating a wonderful MAN now.

He's older (33) but she needs that. She needs someone who's responsible and when she asked me if it was ok, I just told her it's fine because she needs a 'keeper'! Which translates to someone with a good job, insurance and someone who understands her special needs...

He's thoughtful, kind, funny, sympathetic, intelligent and everything you'd hope for with a daughter like mine. (or anyone for that matter, but she is special)

She met him through friends from school, so they've known him for 6 years and have never liked who he dated before, now I think they're pretty happy too.

She's going away with him for the weekend for a Valentine's Day surprise (I think he's taking her to Zurich) although he changed his plans after she had a really bad anxiety attack Mon night at school.

We've spent a lot of time with him this week and he really is pretty wonderful.

I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up....

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

for her and for you.....she deserves something good happening in her life. I hope things will even out for her emotionally and that this will work out for her!
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Me too....I really hope this goes well for her but if not, at least she's learning what it's supposed to be like.

Nancy B
  4. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

We're going through a similar situation with my 27 year old daughter. She has OCD and depression, but is medicated. However, her illnesses have greatly affected her judgment in chosing men. We've been through plenty of losers, and cringe each time she introduces us to the next guy.

She is currently attending a co-dependent support group and seeing a pshchologist to break out of her old pattern of "rescuing" losers.

Best of luck to you and your daughter...
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Thats a Great Feeling when one of our own childern Find the right person! Your like me! There's always a (What If factor),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Hope and pray this will work out for her! He sounds like a Great guy!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I've always had the (players and Losers in My life) so basicly gave up on it! To old now! Lolo, I Guess i shouldn't say that, Because i guess you Never know!lollol

My Middle(24) Gal Got married this last summer to her College SweetHeart! And He treats Her like Gold! I'm soooo Happy for Her!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,On the other Hand My oldest just has friends and has no interest in finding someone! she's 28,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My Youngest(20years old) has a great boyfriend whom she needs to respect more! and alot of guy friends,,,,,,, I Guess all we moms can do is sit back and watch what happens and give advice when needed!,,,,,,,If It's the right person no illness will matter is what i always hear!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,,,S
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I know it must be hard with any daughter but when your daughter is mentally ill and has Fibro like mine does, I worry more.

And yes, sometimes I do question him a bit...but for now I'll just be happy that it's working out and she's having a really nice time.

With us living overseas, I've never met anyone that either child has dated so this really is a first for me and I guess I'm just surprised at how well it's going.

Hugs all,

Nancy B