MY DAUGHTER IS HAVING SOME ODD SYMPTOMS, CAN ANYONE RELATE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judee, Oct 24, 2002.

1. judee

judee New Member

My 11 year old has FMS and has had a terrible month, missing like 3 weeks of the new school year. But this week along with severe back pain which makes sitting up and getting around almost impossible she has had some other different stuff going on. She complains of feeling like she is burning up from the inside and has been clinging to her bucket of cool water and wash cloth. This happens even when she is not feverish. Also when she stands up she is faint feeling, weak and feels like her heart is racing and has trouble breathing (feeling like she is not getting enough air, she is not asthmatic). Can anyone out there relate to any of this or shed some light on what is going on. Her flare ups have really changed in the way they are comming out in her body. I just don't know what to do anymore and the Dr.'s are no help.
    Judee
  2. judee

judee New Member

My 11 year old has FMS and has had a terrible month, missing like 3 weeks of the new school year. But this week along with severe back pain which makes sitting up and getting around almost impossible she has had some other different stuff going on. She complains of feeling like she is burning up from the inside and has been clinging to her bucket of cool water and wash cloth. This happens even when she is not feverish. Also when she stands up she is faint feeling, weak and feels like her heart is racing and has trouble breathing (feeling like she is not getting enough air, she is not asthmatic). Can anyone out there relate to any of this or shed some light on what is going on. Her flare ups have really changed in the way they are comming out in her body. I just don't know what to do anymore and the Dr.'s are no help.
    Judee
  3. tes

tes New Member

I myself know exactly what she is going through. I get very warm when I'm having a bad flare up(which I know have been for 3 months...horrible rib and chest pain). I get dizzy and nauseous. I think this is normal with flare-ups but get her checked out if you feel uneasy. Alot of her symptoms are sure part of the horrible illness. I'm 31 and have had this since I was 23 years old. Breathing problems have always been a problem with me. Could your daughter be in a state of panic, because this could give all the symptoms you listed.

God Bless,
    Tes

P.S. Where are you from?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2002]
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I can't imagine what the two of you are going through. I have both CFS and FM so I am not sure if my opinion would hold water if your daughter has "only" FM. I often feel faint and weak especially if I have to stand up for more than a few minutes.

Try to notice when her heart races - is it after eating certain foods? (Mine races after a heavy carbohydrate meal such as pasta.) Is it when she is anxious? She can learn to calm down with deep breaths.

When she has trouble breathing, is she very anxious? I have that problem. Again deep breaths. I have even had to call 911 one time because of it. They had me breathe into a paper bag and I was better.

CFS/FM does change all the time so don't be surprised by that. If there is one quality we all share it is that we have inconsistent symptoms. I think that is part of what is frustrating for the doctors.

You will learn a lot more from this board and researching than you ever will from the doctors.

So, welcome to the board. Come here for advice, opinions and support. You will find lots!!!
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so sorry to hear that you little girl has this awful illness! That is so very sad.

I do get like what you described, but it could also be a panic attack, which I also get sometimes.

Have you had her checked for a magnesium deficiency? Magnesium seems to be lacking in most FM/CFS people. I have had less hot feelings and less pain since I started taking it.

Also, does she drink water? We should all drink half our body weight in ounces of water per day. This also helped me with the hot feelings. I used to keep a bowl of water with ice cubes in it by the side of the bed at night, I would wake up so hot, sweating, with my heart racing, that the only thing that helped was a cold washcloth on my head! If you like, you can go read about the water at; www.watercure.com/intro.htm, they are only selling a book, but the information is great.

This went on for 16 years, then I started taking 'Pro Energy'(Malic Acid and Magnesium), now I only get that feeling once in awhile. I did not drink water at all. You can go read about magnesium on the 'Library' link or the 'Store' link at the top of this page. Be sure to ask her doctor about it, I have no idea what the dosage would be for a 11 year old.

I hope you find something to help her, I feel so bad for you and her.

Shalom, Shirl