My Devon Rex Kittens photo posted

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I am so pleased with myself, I have managed to post a photo at long last.

My old, dear cat Rosie died at 18 a few months back. Our house was so empty as we'd lost two dogs, the two years previous so we went and got the two kittens. They're six months old now, couldnt get them til they were 13 weeks old from breeder.

Silkie is the wee grey female and Hamish is the handsome male.

They are such characters, full of beans.

Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
  2. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

where do these cats originate from? They are beautiful!

I went to the King Tut exhibit about 3 weeks ago and the cats in that exhibit look a lot like your cats.

Jodi
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

the cats originated in England and have been bred with other breeds, mainly sphynx (the Egyptian look) and burmese to get where they are today.

They are small cats with curly coats and sometimes, like Hamish with very little coat at all. They have a lot of 'dog' qualities, they fetch, will walk on a lead etc. I havent had pedigrees before and was looking to take in a stray kitten or cat but there were none available locally, can you believe that????

I only wanted one cat but breeder wouldnt let one kitten go to a home with no animals as they pine and die if they are left alone too long. So I got brother and sister. Also good breeders wont let kittens go until they are 13 weeks old.

They haven't taken Rosie's place, she was my 'cat soul-mate' as a friend of mine put it. I still miss her so much.

Yes, Scotland is lovely. I lived in Canada for 5 years, 30 years ago (ha ha where has the time gone) and visited the west coast of the States a few times. Loved it over there.

Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2006]
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I think that is a very professional photo...did you take it? Anyway, kittens can be "full of beans" and will help you get past your loss. Is your screen name taken from your original cat? Love, Terri
  5. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Wow, very cool cats!
  6. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

I would LOVE a kitten like this! Thanks for sharing with us :)
  7. AnnJ

AnnJ New Member

Dear Rosiebud,
    You better start knitting winter sweaters for those 2 poor babies!
    AnnJ
  8. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

They are very regal looking. I must say, the line "what big ears you have" comes to mind. Their personalities sound amazing. You really walk them on a lead??
    Mag
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

absolutely loves cats, so I showed him your picture. He said, "What's wrong with them? They have no hair!" I explained that was the way they were supposed to be. We don't have such exotic cats around here...mostly a lot of barn cats.
  10. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

You have beautiful cats!!
  11. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

very wild, playful, they have large back legs like a rabbit and can jump really high. they like to wrap themselves around your neck and get carried around or to sit on the shoulder.

We have harnesses for them but haven't used them much, not into taking them for walks on leads. We've built an outside pen for them so they can play outside without roaming away and getting lost. My old cat Rosie never ventured far from our garden but she was already 11 when we moved here from an apartment.

Rosie