My DH and Rock of Gibraltar DX w/CFIDS/FM...Lyme test soon

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopeful4, Jan 27, 2006.

1. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

It's not enough to have this stuff myself. My DH was just DX w/CFIDS/FM. Next appointment to be tested for Lyme.

I've been sick for 6 yrs. and he's been there for me in every way possible. I'm talkin' cooking, cleaning, shopping, shlepping, caring, supporting, making me laugh, going the extra mile...more like a marathon.

First he supported me thru miserable pain, all the tests, gall bladder surgery, the CFIDS crash, loss of job, the grief, the doctors, SSD, psychological issues, loss of friends, then breast cancer, and now lyme. This stuff breaks up relationships and marriages. But he held us both together.

Two years ago he was in a car accident. He didn't break anything, but was injured. Back pain and headaches, other injuries led to not being able to sleep. Treatments not helping to cure him. Lots of stress, loss of job, and then spiraling downward. From localized pain to systemic.

18/18 tender points. Low thyroid, candida, low hormones...sounding familiar? Waiting for all the tests to come back, then will get Igenex lyme test.

He doesn't deserve this. He's the sturdy oak tree, steady, strong, and it's really hard to see him like this, tired, frustrated, hurting, future unknown.

We go to the FFC, and I asked if they see couples, both ill. Yes, they do, more often than you might think. Because we share the same environments. We are exposed to many of the same viruses or lyme vectors. We are under similar stresses.

Anyone else here with spouses w/CFIDS, FM or Lyme?? Thanks for listening. Take care,
    Hopeful4
  2. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Hopeful4,

I am so sorry to hear of your husbands illness.

There is a little talk on the lyme board of spouses passing lyme to each other.

I hope that he responds quickly to treatment.

I will send up prayers.

Dani
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I became ill in October 1995, and my husband became ill in November 2000. He has gotten worse and am worried about our future as well. He has been able to work, but is really struggling now. Not sure what's gonna happen. I don't know that our problem is lyme, but I know I have high EBV and he complains of sore throats and body pain too.

GBHope