My Disability letter FINALLY arrived

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ChristineNY, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ChristineNY

ChristineNY New Member

And I WON!!!! I still can not believe it. It has been 30 days exactly since my ALJ hearing. The letter came saying FULLY FAVORABLE dating back to 4/2/06. I will fill you all in later with more details as to what the letter says....gonna go celebrate now!

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts....I am still keeping my fingers crossed for all of you who are waiting!

Christine
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Watch out who you tell.

One poster said her relatives badgered her for money. One guy kept demanding that she buy
    him a truck.

I got a notice a few years ago telling me my application for Soc Sec disability was denied.
    I was kinda surprised since I never applied for it.

Rock
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am so happy for you. You must be so thrilled!! Did you win on solely FM or did you have other dx's? And can I ask you age?

I guess I am young at 43.

Congratulations,
    Deb
  4. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

CONGRATULATIONS - that is terrific and after such a long wait!

Can I ask how long is that approved for - do you have to supply info every so often to prove that you are still disabled?

Kristina
  5. ChristineNY

ChristineNY New Member

Thanks guys! I am more thrilled than I even thought I would be. I had been getting very nervous and worried. Started getting down on myself and worrying that I probably screwed the hearing up and all of this would never end!

I went out to get the mail and saw the brown envelope - knew right away that this is what I have been waiting (not so patiently) for. I walked all the way back in the house, got my dogs settled down, paced for a minute...then looked at the envelope, and I could see through the address window thingy that it said FULLY FAVORABLE. I started crying right away and called my husband at work. He heard me crying and thought it was denied....told him we won, and he said "so why are you crying then"? It was just such a relief...couldnt help myself - but most guys don't understand tears of joy or relief. We have lost two homes, a vehicle, many friends, some family and our dignity over the past few years.....its been a LONG road!

Anyhow, I just turned 41 in January - so I am "too young" also - sure don't feel it tho!! The letter indicates that I was approved base on the following "severe impairments": Fibromyalgia, migraine headaches, depressive disorder, and panic disorder.

There were more illnesses listed as "non severe" that do not prevent me from working.

Then there is a paragraph describing the different diagnosis' that my doctor provided....it was kinda depressing to read this paragraph....how am I even functioning at all? It says:
    The clamaint has been diagnosed at various times with major depressive disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and social phobia, treated with medications prescribed by her pc physician. Her symptoms included depression, no ambition, anxiety around new people, OCD, mood disturbance, difficulty focusing, sleep disturbance, psychomotor retardation, hopelesness, fatigue, loss of energy, feeling overwhelmed, diminished self esteem, short term memory deficits, excessive apprehension, a hyper-startle response, muscle tension, and panic described as sweating, dizziness, palpitations, breathing difficulties, trembling, and chest pain. WHEW - no wonder I am so tired!!!

One of the best parts of what the judg wrote is that he put very limited weight on the opinions of the four different Social Security doctors that I had to see, due to the fact that they couldn't determine my illnesses with just one visit. He relied on the records from MY doctors. Why do they even waste your time with seeing their doctors??

He did indicate that medical approvement is expected with appropriate treatment - so I will be reviewed in 2 years.

Again - thanks to everyone for your support - I am more than happy to answer any questions.

Christine
  6. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

SO WELL DESERVED~~~~~ I AM SO THRILLED FOR YA CUZ I KNOW HOW LONG I HAD TO WAIT / WHAT A STUGGLE IT WAS.~~~MAKES THE PAIN A LIL BETTER HUH! [NOT] BUT RELIEVES THE STRESS THAT CAN MAKE PAIN SO MUCH WORSE..~GO CELEBRATE
  7. pacotaco

pacotaco New Member

You do sound so happy and you are young and i guess not too young for the health illnesses huh! i guess is not the age, its the illnessess that qualifies you i think. I was in my late fortys when i became "disabled" and am 55 now [ still look in my fortys!] lol, and i have gotten worse in time so i have not been back once since my award letter. I guess it depends on where ya live for the review guide lines. well actually, i was told i'd go back in 3 yrs, but it never happend. maybe you will bypass the two yr review. I think the gove cks wth the drs we have to see our medical record to determine our needs. who knows~~~Just happy for you~~~