My disability was approved today!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phenom, Feb 17, 2003.

1. phenom

phenom New Member

I will get back pay from October last year when i applied. seems like it has taken ages but i know a few of you have been fighting for years! i ended up getting it on a combination of fibro, PTSD and major depression. i was rejected once and appealed. i was shaking when they told me! i will now have money to buy meds and pay my rent (i owe over $1200 in arrears). i know i shouldn't but i feel like going out and buying some new clothes or something to celebrate this success! good luck to everyone still fighting.

phenom
  2. Lendi

Lendi New Member

That's so great!!! Congratulations. I'm still trying to figure out how to not work long enough to apply. One Dr. says I need to, the other wants to know what I'd do with myself and is against it. In the mean time, it really doesn't matter because I have all the med. bills to pay off :(
  3. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

Go out and buy you some new clothes if you feel up to it.
    If you are like me, buying yourself some new clothes will make you feel better for a little while. Go for it.
    Take care.
    HURTSALOT2
  4. Hasbeen

Hasbeen New Member

I'm so glad somebody can get the money they worked for.
    Don't think those ignorant people will ever let me get a penny. Coming up on 2 years now. I guess it's all in my head. but, i'm truly happy for you.
  5. mersey_ferryman51

mersey_ferryman51 New Member

Go out and buy those new clothes....you've got a great reason to celebrate!!

The very BEST of luck to you!!

Larry G.

6. Dara

Dara New Member

it makes me very happy to hear that someone finally gets what they rightfully have coming. I've been doing the "disabiltiy dance" now for over a year and am almost getting to the point of telling them to keep their darned money., but, I won't because I know that is exactly what they are hoping for. I hope you will go out and buy yourself something special just to help you feel good. Great Job!!!!

Dara
  7. cyberamy

cyberamy New Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    Amy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/18/2003]
  8. JP

JP New Member

Be Sure to acknowledge your hard work and efforts. This no small thing...as much as I want to work, I need to fill out those papers too. My disability runs out in 07/03 and I am not improving...in fact I have been getting worse.

Good Work!!
    Jan
  9. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

Get your bills paid. Buy up your meds and groceries and such, and put some in the bank. Then go out and buy yourself a small gift. You deserve it.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am soooooo happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  11. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

So happy to hear your good news..Go out and buy yourself something - you deserve it........
    Best Wishes............Donna
  12. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

I am so happy for you. And very glad you didn't have to wait years to get what is rightfully yours. And don't feel guilty about buying something special just for you. You deserve it and it will help lift your spirits!!

(((hugs)))
    Annette
  13. DebP

DebP New Member

Im so happy for you!! And i can relate....I was just approved last week after a 3 year fight!!! I know the feeling of wanting something for yourself, believe me!! In my case it has to be a new car, mine is almost dead. If you can, treat yourself to something nice, even if its not expensive, you definitely deserve it!!! :) :)

Im very happy for you!!
    Hugs,
    DebP
  14. LindaW

LindaW New Member

I am so happy for you! With all the pain we endure, having to watch every pain is just another trial for us Thank God!
    Linda
  15. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

First off let me congratulate you on your success, I was also approved back in January. I just think you might want to wait until the check clears the bank. Just wouldn’t want anyone close to you to get the wrong answers about you out spending money that you don’t have. Are they going to make you wait five months before they start paying, that’s what they are doing to me. I had to clean out all my savings accounts, and finally had to borrow money to try and stay a live, got a family to support. Just be careful is all I’m saying> What state do you live in, just trying to help others in the dark, I live in Missouri and my went through the first time I applied under F/M only. May the good Lord bless you, and keep you safe. My prayers go out to the rest of you.
  16. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

that is great news. I also got approved just recently. Mine was with my private insurance from work. Took almost a year. I just got a check for almost $14,000 in back payments. I was so excited too. My girlfriend was over at the time and we hugged and screamed. I phoned my husband and he was so happy too as he has been doing so much over time to get us through this. Good things do happen to good people. Again, congrats. And go out and buy yourself something. I did. I went to Cosco and bought myself a colour tv for my kitchen.
    love Poodlemum
  17. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

Just courious about your post. You said your disability runs out July 03. Isnt it for life ? Just courious.
  18. phenom

phenom New Member

not sure where you got the July 03 thing from (fog moment?) but i'm in australia and it gets reviewed every 2-5 years.

thanks everyone for your comments, i went out to dinner with my boyfriend to celebrate - haven't done that in ages!

phenom
  19. lin21

lin21 New Member

Phenom---

That's wonderful news, I hope I am one of the lucky ones , I just began the process last month.
    Pay your bills and then go and treat yourself to some new spring clothes and feel good!!!

LIn
  20. kalina

kalina New Member

I'm so glad to hear it! I hope you had a wonderful (and well-deserved) celebratory dinner. Your success gives the rest of us hope, too, for proof that with determination winning is possible. I'm just starting on my own SSDI application journey, and just taking it one step at a time so I won't feel so overwhelmed. You deserve a lot of credit for keeping up the fight. Congrats!

Kalina