My Doctor Left Town!! Any advice??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JeannieS, Oct 15, 2002.

1. JeannieS

JeannieS New Member

I received a letter from the group of doctors my doctor was with, and my doctor has gone!! I'm sensitive to meds, so she didn't give me any, but she at least acknowledged the existance of FMS, which is more than some of my other doctors have done. I requested another doc in the group, but was turned down (understand he was turning down just about everybody).I hate the thought of starting over with another doctor someplace, and the idea of an emergency of some kind is stressing me out and I believe making my symptoms worse. Appreciate any thoughts you all may have.THANK YOU!!I live in Virginia, in the Western part of the state.
  2. JeannieS

JeannieS New Member

I received a letter from the group of doctors my doctor was with, and my doctor has gone!! I'm sensitive to meds, so she didn't give me any, but she at least acknowledged the existance of FMS, which is more than some of my other doctors have done. I requested another doc in the group, but was turned down (understand he was turning down just about everybody).I hate the thought of starting over with another doctor someplace, and the idea of an emergency of some kind is stressing me out and I believe making my symptoms worse. Appreciate any thoughts you all may have.THANK YOU!!I live in Virginia, in the Western part of the state.
  3. selma

selma New Member

Sorry to hear that your Doc left.

You MUST start with a new one soon. But, you know that!!

I suggest that you start writing your history no matter if it's just a line a day. Your past Doc's notes will give the rest of the info.. Send them on ahead of your visit.

Oh, write your meds and vits. and mins. TOO.

Hope that you'll get over the lost feeling. We've been there at one time or another.

Love, Selma
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

im looking for a new dr to i understand your stress ive been seaching for 2 weeks havent found one yet i wish you much better luck then ive had,
    have you checked the good dr list
    kara
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I went through a long, nightmare trying to find a Doctor, and finally succeeded. My suggestions would be one, use the Good Doctors List on this site. If there are none, listed in your area, two, contact support groups, and get Doctor recommendations from the members. Three, call ahead to any Doctor you think might be a candidate. Ask the receptionist, "How many FMS/CFS, patients is the doctor currently treating?" I think these three things are of utmost importance, otherwise you will do the same thing I mistakenly did. I ended up throwing away, a huge amount of money, just to find doctors who didn't even believe in the existence of these DD's. I finally consulted the Good Doctors list, and asked questions of the receptionist before ever making an appointment. I found a great Doctor!
    Best Wishes in your search,
    Karen
  6. JeannieS

JeannieS New Member

Thank you for responding to my post. You all gave me some good advice that I will definately be checking in to.Sometimes I think things work out the way they do for a reason, so that's the attitude I'm going with.

JeannieS