My doctor prayed with me today

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Sep 14, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I went to my Naturopath today and of course I told him the whole sad story of what is going on in my life because it has impacted greatly on my health. He knows my DH well and likes him very much, as does everyone who knows him.

Before I left, he reached across his desk and took my hands in his and asked if I would like to pray with him. I said of course and he prayed a long prayer asking God to help me through this difficult time in my life, to help my DH see his way to meet his responsibilities, and to show His love for me even though we do not understand why difficult things happen.

I was so very touched.

When I got home, DH was dressed in a suit and heading out to look for a job! Nothing came of it and maybe this will peter out as it has in the past. But it is something! Maybe our prayers are being answered.

I have seen a lawyer and am working on getting the paper work done so it will be done if necessary. A real estate agent is coming to look at the house next Tuesday.

I am not doing anything that can't be undone if things really really change. But I still need to get things rolling if he just gives up again.

Thank you all for being there for me. I just wanted you to know about my wonderful doctor.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

That was a very nice thing for the doctor to do.
    I am praying for you and your husband.

Love.....Mari
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I appreciate your prayers.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

What a blessing. I wish my docs were like that.
    Cath
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Such a lovely and humane gesture, permitting one soul to touch another. Bless this person ten fold.

Pepper I pray for you. Someplace inside your husband is the person you fell in love with. I pray that he can find his way, learn what is important and seek in earnest a job. The economy is so horribly scary, I just watched the news and the Ford car company is letting so many people go , or retire early.

I heard somewhere there are PhD's standing in unemployment lines as they are over qualified. Such a sad state for us all, but especially you personally with it going on for so long.

I once worked with a minister who had great wisdom about dealing with "people". He would look a person straight in the eye and reach for their hand. He would hold their hand between both of his. He would then ask a simple, "how are you?" His sincerity enabled many people who would normally reply "fine" to pour out their hearts. He was a rare and wonderful man.

Only once in my life has someone offered their hands and say, may I pray for/for you.... this was just a warm and wonderful woman with a sincere heart. I doubt she will ever know what that moment in time meant.

Pepper.... I don't know what part of the country you are from but please feel me reaching out my hands, and doing just as your doctor did.

People need hope. I know you have to be realistic and get your "ducks in a row" in case they are needed. But I pray that your situation can be resolved, and a steady income obtained with a bright outlook.

Please post daily if you need to. It humbles us to realize the torments that our fms brings us together. I feel like we are like the connect the dots puzzles that my small grand daughter does.

We are the dots.... and we need to find each other, and connect. Thanks be for a man like your doctor.
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Pepper,

That is a beautiful story. I have never heard of a doctor doing that , but the best thing is when you got home, hubby was going out looking for a job.

God works in such amazing ways, doesn't he

God Bless, I will pray for your husband to have success in finding a job.

hugs
    kgangel
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I am going to start another post when I get home from massage therapy to bring you up to date and ask for your opinions.

I find the support on this board so helpful in getting through what is one of the most difficult periods of my life.

Thank you all for being there. I don't know what I would do without you.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I will be praying,Linda
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

Praise God!

(((HUGS)))Pepper