My doctor prescribed Savella

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckm, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ckm

ckm New Member

As quite a few of you know, I've recently been very depressed because of my husband not understanding this DD and my depression.

I went to the doctor today after having blood tests done and I told him how depressed I've been and my fibro pain is worse and he's putting me on Savella and weaning me off of Cymbalta which I don't feel like is working lately. I've read alot of posts on here about how good the Savella makes some FM sufferers feel.

I'm going to start it tomorrow and am hoping for the best.

I'd be interested if anybody out there has any other recent experiences with taking Savella.
  2. ckm

ckm New Member

I did see the story about them taking Savella off the market for FM.
    I've had trouble with both Vitamin D and Thyroid levels in the past and am currently on meds for both. My recent blood work for them came back normal so I guessing that means I'm on the right amount of med for them.
    I'll be careful with the Savella and if I have any weird effects I'll call my doctor. I've also asked my husband to watch my reaction to it (in case I don't realize the effects).

Thanks & Hugs,
  3. granmaw09

granmaw09 Member

Hi, I took Savella for about 5 1/2 mos. Started out like you're suppose to start the med.
    So was up to doing the 50 mg. I think it was twice daily. I had to reduce to 25mg. daily. My stomach is on the sensitive side of taking meds. My doctor knows this. He steered away from Cymbalta and Lyrica for that reason, so far. I had trouble with my med. insurance wanting to cover it. I did have side effects from it, maybe hallucinations sometimes. Not bad but I would think I would see something enough to make me look and turn my head but nothing was there. Terrible neck pains and stiffness in my neck. Sometimes headaches too. I know that being down on lowest dose probably would not have any effect of making me feel different with taking Savella. I saw the doc. Told him I wasn't feeling any less painful on my body. He swtiched me to Neurontin now. My ins. approves that. Have been taking since Dec. Again I am not on a big dose. Not sure if I will increase it or not. Having back pain alot. See the dr. in Feb. I know water therapy is great for our pain but unfortunely I can't afford joining a place to go.
  4. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

You may want to look into your insurance and see if water therapy/aerobics is covered as your doctor can write you a prescription for water therapy.

Just passing a thought along.