My doctor surprised me last week

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by justmestephd, Oct 20, 2008.

1. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

My knees are getting in poor shape with arthritis and my menisus is moved but not torn.... anyway she was giving me a shot of cortisone in my right knee which seems to be the worst. I have already gotten the shots in both knees one a week for 3 weeks and that didn't work.

Well she said to me she was going to give me a prescription for a walker with wheels to help me when I go out to stores and such. I was telling her I couldn't walk the board walk down the shore this year and just going to stores is so painful. I haven't receieved it yet hopefully tomorrow. My husband said jokingly I hope :) that he will not be seen with me when I use it. He doesn't think I will use it at all and I said oh yes I"m looking forward to it.

I told her that my lawyer said she was giving her very good documentation and she said Stephanie I am trying very hard for you. I said Dec. is 3 years now since I applied and she couldn't believe it.

So glad I found a good doctor finally
  2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

So glad to here you have a good Dr. They are hard to find.
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. But it sounds like you are adjusting well. And have a supportive hubby.
    I hope you get your SSD soon. Gentle Hugs,Robin

DRAGONSGIRL New Member

Good for you! Glad you finally found a Dr. that will help you. :)

And I'm sure your hubby was just teasing you!

And those rolling walkers with a seat are wonderful!

Mine made such a difference in my life and, I'm sure yours will too!

And if you get too tired to walk you can sit on the seat and your hubby can push you! Like a backwards wheelchair LOL

Hang in there and best wishes,

4. justmestephd

justmestephd New Member

Robin and Brenda.

I got my walker today and I must say I think this will help me greatly. My husband still calls it my granny mobile LOL I am going to be a grandmom in Feb but still I"m only 44.

I'm trying really hard to hang in there, seems every day is a struggle.

My rhumie has also given me percocent recently when she never would before. I think after a while she saw that I truely was in pain. Maybe that's why doctors won't give them out right away because it's hard to know for sure who actually needs it. I don't know. I"m just thankful that she's been such a great help lately and told me she's really working on my SSDI for me too.

5. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I like your hubby's sense of humor. I'm 46 and have 4 grandchildren. I love being a granny!
    We know about everyday being a struggle.
    I'm glad your rhumie has given you pain meds. Mine won't. I switched primary Dr. and he won't give me any pain killers. I don't know if it's because he thinks I'm an addict or what. But nothing seems to help anyway. He is sending me to another pain management Dr., so we'll see what he/she will suggest.
    Good luck with your granny mobile! Hugs, Robin