My doctor wants more info

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UnicornK, Sep 26, 2006.

1. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I saw my pain doc today and asked about some alternative treatments...neural shots in the spine, stuff like that. Could someone help me, maybe bump up some posts? I'm not sure what words to use for a search.

He also wants info on Substance P, and other "causes" of fibromyalgia or polymyalgia (sp?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

God Bless.
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

If there's anything that has the potential of being a magic bullet for a lot of mystery problems, it seems to me this may be the one. It appears that some people's bodies have more susceptibility to pain than others, and that this causes depression. I think also it also causes physical incapacitation, although I'm not a pain expert.

Apparently some of the drug companies are working on Substance P inhibitors. Probably they'll all have too many side effects or not work right, but it's a nice thought.

If anyone knows anything about work that drug companies are doing in this area, or has found any natural remedies reputed to work in this way, please share!
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

ongoing thread of reaserch.

LETS COLLECT ALL RECENT RESEARCH ARTICLES ON FMS/CFS/MPS
    Put in search box and tons of info.Fight4cure started this tread.

Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2006]
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I knew you would come through for me, and you did - in a big way.

Fight...what would we do without you to keep us organized? LOL I am sending some of these articles to him, and I'll send some more later. I don't want to overwhelm the poor guy. *giggle*

Again, thank you to all who responded.

God Bless you all!