My doctors appt today went well....plus alternative doc appt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

My pcp visit today was good. She did change my meds from Bextra to Cellebrex(cheaper) and from elevil to Klonopin. She did my yearly pap and ordered another MRI to check on the white matter that was found before on the last one. I've been having those sharp pains in my head again and to be on the safe side(since my mom had a brain tumor)I'm glad were checking on it. I really like my doc...she listens and is very caring. Also I had my first visit with the alternative care doc..wow..I was impressed of what she did. I left her office feeling like a thousand pounds had been taken off my shoulders. She is only charging me $15.00 for visits and she spent two hours with me. I cannot eat any chocalate or nuts. I have another appt thursday. She was fantastic. I would explain what she did but its confusing so I wont even try but I felt much better when I left.
  2. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

What type of alternative doctor are you going to Carla?

I've been hearing about Bowen Therapy and I am thinking about trying it..

Laura
  3. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

Productive day, huh Carlacat? Good for you. I hope the meds work for you. I haven't even got to start my new ones (the prozac, trazodone) because I've been feeling too nauseas and my stomach's been hurting too bad to eat, even a pill. I can only tolerate a few pills a day, and right now they are gonna be the pain pills till my stomach pain lifts a bit. Let me know how they work for you.

Also, your alternative doc is a naturopath? They have such good insight, they are the best docs I've been to yet. Too bad none of their supplements help with severe pain though. If I can get things under control again, I'd love to go back to Eastern medicine. Someday......

~Lisa
  4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Always love hearing Good Doc stories *smiles*
    I changed from elavil to klonopin about a month ago....and it was a great change!
    hooray...for your good appointments!!!

Lis-have you tried a doctor who practices integrated medicine....then you get the benefits of conventional meds...plus the benefits of alternative treatments....it's wonderful....
    That way the doc...knows exactly what you are taking...and both approaches complement eachother.

karen
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I wouldnt even know how to find one. My insurance dont cover the alternative doc so it probably would not cover that one either. I'm sure gonna miss my chocalate and nuts, especially around the holidays.