my dr has me on new meds, ambien

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saphire27, Apr 21, 2006.

1. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

I am now taking

Celexa 40mg
    Ultram 2x 4 a day
    Soma 3x
    tylenol 2 650mg
    allegra 180
    B12 shots at home now once a month instead of evry other month

ambien @ bed haven't done that yet, tonight will be my first night

Right now i'm not feeling happy or sad, i'm just feeling NUMB, talking about the abuse in other post.
    Plus rainy day is never good.

anyone else out there like me?

I want to catch up on posts that i've missed, but it'll take me all weekend, i still care about you guys!

hugs saph
    [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2006]
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Saph:
    It sounds like you have your meds in order. It should work well enough to keep you mobile and cut the pain some.
    Yes, catch up with the posts and relax. Why not take the weekend for yourself. You deserve it.

nyrofan
  3. cardem55

cardem55 New Member

Please be careful with the Ambien. It is very powerful and has a long residual affect, at least on me anyway. Ambien was all over the news about a month ago. People have actually fallen asleep at the wheel of the cars the next day.

Take care
  4. tinypillar

tinypillar New Member

the thread titled something like "i am an ambien statistic" . . it has quite a good deal of info in it regarding how many of us reacted to it (good and bad). It's good to know if you happen to have a bad reaction or side effect, so at least you know what to watch out for. I personally have not had any problems with it, and I don't take it every night anymore since I'm not having sleeping problems as much. I believe that most (if not all) people with FM have sleep problems/not refreshing sleep/insomnia/can't sleep because of pain, etc.

My experience with it, but keep in mind I only took it for about 2 weeks everynight, and now only occasionally, so I don't have long term nightly usage - I had no morning groggyness, I did have between 8 - 10 hours of sleep, I didn't have to go anywhere after I woke up, I did not have halucinations if I couldn't fall asleep (I was awake for about 2 hrs after taking before I fell asleep), I did not eat in my sleep.

I hope you have good experiences with it, and if it doesn't work out for you there are other sleep medications you can try.
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I really worry about the latest trend in prescribing Ambien and I'll tell you why.

About 10 years ago when hubby was in Bahrain for a year without us, my doc prescribed Ambien to help me sleep.

But...he only gave me 10 pills and I was to use them on the worst nights only.

I believe there was a reason why I was prescribed so few pills...and why they're having so much trouble with Ambien now.

I just discussed this with my doc when my daughter asked for something to help her sleep, and my doc agrees.

Ambien was never meant to be used every night and nowadays most docs give this drug out like candy.

Just something to think about, there are other drugs out there that are safer to use long-term.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

for a long time. I now take ambien cr. Some nights though, the ambien would make me feel really weird and do really weird things.

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]
  7. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Hi Saph:

I have been on Ambien since 1993. It is a Godsend. I used to wake up all night long. I was in healthcare and was invited to a talk on the drug and was with my boss and a coworker who had fibro and our Rheumatologist. He put us both on the Ambien right then and there and I've been on it since.

There has been a lot of news on it lately. I can tell you that many times I used to talk on the phone if someone called after I took it and not remember ever talking to them. But, my quality of sleep and life has improved with this greatly.

M J