My DR. says I need to lower my stress and cholestrol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

levels. I'm not in crisis mode but I still need to get things under control.

Any ideas? Big or small doesn't matter.

2. jole

jole Member

My doc said the same thing. Like we have any control of it???????

Sorry, I know it's not a laughing matter, but since I can't take any of the meds to lower my cholesterol and can do nothing about the stress in my life, it's kind of a mote point.

Limit dairy, restrict red meat, low lots of fresh veggies and fruits. Broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, lettuce salads, etc. are good. Drink lots of water. And of course, EXERCISE!!!! (joke)

By the way, my hubby eats LOTS of sweets, carbs, etc. and his cholesterol is extremely I think mine went up so high mostly because I'm no longer able to exercise, not because of diet, because I basically don't eat any differently than I did before.

Wish I could help you, which means I could help me :)
  3. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

The best advice I can give to lower stress is to avoid seeing doctors. That always works for me. LOL! I know, easier said than done, but whenever I avoid my doctor I feel much better, LOL!

As for cholesterol, lots of garlic, some Honey Nut Cheerio's, and look at Dr. Oz's website, as he always has good tips on how to make ourselves healthier.

Fight :)
  4. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Better yet, I'll give you some posters of my bad doctors that you can put up on your wall and throw darts at them!!!!

Music helps too, as do massages, Taco Bell food (oh oh, now I'm hungry) with lots of Wisconsin cheddar cheese all over it, and with jalepeno peppers that help with pain. Laughter helps too, so you can laugh at me, lol!

Oh, and if you do not have any darts, just eat some apples, let them dry out in the room, or maybe keep them half eaten, and then throw it at the posters of my "bad" doctors.

I wonder why docs don't let us yell at them when it would be so healthy for us!

Fight :)