my dr visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by allhart, Jun 18, 2003.

1. allhart

allhart New Member

my dr told me today that i shouldnt be having so much joint pain,its not typical
    and he wants to send me to physical therephy agin,
    how many of you have more joint pain then all over aches?
  2. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

I have joint pain more than muscle aches but supposedly no arthritis. No explanation so I have the fibro dx. I can't get much relief for it though as the anti-inflammatory he wants me to take doesn't really help. I don't have the money to go to physical therapy either so I just live with it. Wonder why he says it's not typical?
    Brenda
  3. billiegail

billiegail New Member

I can't walk in the mornings. I have to lay in bed and move my hands and feet and other joints to be able to raise up out of bed. Then I go take a hot bath.
    Helps, but I can feel my joints all day, everyday.
  4. averilpam

averilpam New Member

there are quite a few that can be helpful with joints, whatever the cause eg MSM, glucosamine and others I can't remember just now(sorry!) If you visit a good natural health/wholefood type store, or vitamin shop, they'll be able to point you in the right direction, Or look it up on the internet.

It may be worth a try (bear in mind these things can take a while to work)
    good luck anyway
    pam
  5. allhart

allhart New Member

thank you all for your responses,
    no meds seem to help at all.
    im going to start taking msm agin ,it did help a little and a little is better then nothing.
  6. jann1033

jann1033 New Member

I have losts of pain in my hands, neck, feet, hips, shoulders none of which are athritis... was told it was common for CFS(called migratory joint pain ) as well as muscle pain and what I call bone pain cause it is really deep and feels like it is in my actual bones( not too imaginative). I don't know that one is exclusive of the others but I seem to have the joint pain and muscle pain more often than the bne pain(bone pain is when I am really bad, others most of the time)

forgot to say this,,,nothing helps me at all but Motrin (just that brand and usually 3 at a time)took other perscription ones but got ulcers so had to stop. now usually just tyr to ignore it and use Motrin if I really need to. just dulls it. however personaly I try to stay off meds cause i get such over the top reactions and then can't take them any more so I save them for "special Occasions" like life treatening things! (LOL)[This Message was Edited on 06/19/2003]
  7. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Since this product has a 100% money back guarantee, including shipping costs if you need to order it, it might be worth a try. It is called Equiblock, and you can buy it in most major feed stores. It will cost about $35 for a jar that will last about 6 months if you use it regularly. It has a very pleasant fragrance that disappears when dry. It is about the consistency of hair set gel, so a little goes a loooooooong way. 1/2 teaspoon or less will do my entire shoulder area. It was originally developed for race horses, but was approved for humans by the FDA about 5 - 6 years ago, so there is no danger of you insisting on alfalfa soup for dinner. The only side effect that I have seen is a mildly uncomfortable rash if I don't leave the area uncovered for at least 30 minutes. You do not want to follow the package directions for use, so if you decide to try it, give a shout and I will give you detailed instructions to maximize the benefits.
    Kate