My ear won't shut up!!! Please help...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halo52208, Apr 25, 2010.

1. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I am going insane. Is the ear problem from my fibro. I've had fibro for 12+ years and the ear problem for about 3 years. I've been diagnoised with Meiniers and tinnitus after having a veritgo attack. After many ear doctors taking my money for nothing, all they could tell me is there is nothing I can do to shut my ear up. They put me on Triamterene-HCTZ to keep the vertigo away, which it does, but doesn't shut the ear up. I didn't realize it was part of my fibro until researching on here. But it drives me crazy.

Is there anything that lessons the noise? Do hearing aids help with the hearing loss, without making the noise worse? I thought about a hearing aid for the bad days. But I would need to know if it's worht the investment as my insurance doesn't cover it.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, Halo
  2. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I didn't know about the asprin bothering it. I have been taking Excederin for my achey body because it works so well. Otherwise I have to take my pain pill Ultram, which isn't the greatest but it helps. I know Caffiene is badd too and don't drink caffiene anyway because of stomach problems. But I know excederin has the asprin/caffiene combo, which is why it works so good and perks me up. I am backing off it to see if it helps.

I do have a noise maker for bedtime.

Thanks for the info about the asprin. Stomach doesn't need that anyway. :)

3. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I will check it out. Anything will be a blessing at this point. :)