my ears feel full

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Apr 1, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

of mucus any ideas how to clear them I have tried steaming my face with no luck I would try Guia but my order no doubt is floating in the Atlantic as I have been waiting for ages on it arriving.

Clertyx
  2. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

you have flown from the southern to the northern hemisphere! Your poor ears have been subjected to many atmospheric pressure changes.

AN old ENT doc told me this years ago; close your mouth and pinch your nose closed, then blow your nose gently and try to clear your eustachian tube and ears. DON'T DO IT TOO HARD! Keep doing it gently until one or both of your ears pop.

I do this several times during the day and before I go to bed.

Did you know that water swirls (the vortex) around the commode when flushing, in opposite directions depending on whether you are in the northern or southern hemisphere? Clockwise or counterclockwise. It is clockwise in the southern hemi :}

Hope you can HEAR soon, lol. I know the feeling oh so much.....

Andy

3. clerty

clerty New Member

good point they are realy sore today anyway I will take the advice you gave me Thanks I need to do this all over again in 3 weeks not looking forward to that I tell you.

Clertyx
  4. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

i have been having that sensation for a long time now. figured it was just my sinuses but haven't had that problem now for at least 2 or three weeks. at first it was just my left ear and now i feel my right one filling up too. i'm going to schedule an appointment with my normal doc and see if i have an infection.

Fmandy I've tried your trick before when i have flown and it did help then. now with this it will clear out when i blow my nose or do the plug you nose thing and blow. unfortuntly as soon as i'm done blowing they fill right back up. that is why i'm thinking it's some kind of infection......SueF
  5. clerty

clerty New Member

I have a deviated septum so I think It is due to that
    anyway I am going to see my ent consultant to ask If I can get a septoplasty to help me.

Clertx
  6. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

If you blow your nose real hard, the ears pop. My ENT told me that it's gross, but your better off to snuff and spit mucus rather than blow your nose.

Infected sinus mucus can blow into the inner and middle ear. If it gets into the inner ear, you can have dizziness (semi-circuliar canals) and tinnitis (ringing in the choclea)
  7. TerryS

TerryS Member

I've had a problem with my ears feeling full for years, along with tinnitus 24/7 and extreme dizziness/vertigo.

Every time they looked in my ears, they saw NOTHING!!!

Finally got a thorough workup from an ENT. Turns out I have Meniere's disease (an INNER ear problem). They've put me on diuretics to help flush out the inner ear. Unfortunately, I can only take them twice a week due to it dropping my blood pressure way too low.

Anyhow, just thought I'd throw this out there in case there's anyone with the fullness that doesn't have fluid in their middle ear.

TerryS
  8. clerty

clerty New Member

a few weeks ago everything was fine.

Clertyx