My experience with applied kinesiology

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suze, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Suze

Suze New Member

I just got back from my third appointment with a young chiropractor who practices applied kinesiology, a method of muscle testing to determine health imbalances, primarily in the body's organs and glands. I must say I'm impressed with my experience so far.

Last week she leveled my hips, resulting in both feet pointing straight ahead without effort when I walk--a first!

Today she discovered that my pineal gland has been functioning poorly, and took steps to remedy that. I did a
    Google search on pineal gland and FMS, and found 945 references. She also said most of the intense muscle knotting she found on my first visit is no longer present. I believe it, as my pain has been much improved since the second visit.

She's quite meticulous, and each treatment lasts about 90 minutes. The first visit took two hours.

Has anyone else tried applied kinesiology?

Suze

2. Suze

Suze New Member

I just got back from my third appointment with a young chiropractor who practices applied kinesiology, a method of muscle testing to determine health imbalances, primarily in the body's organs and glands. I must say I'm impressed with my experience so far.

Last week she leveled my hips, resulting in both feet pointing straight ahead without effort when I walk--a first!

Today she discovered that my pineal gland has been functioning poorly, and took steps to remedy that. I did a
    Google search on pineal gland and FMS, and found 945 references. She also said most of the intense muscle knotting she found on my first visit is no longer present. I believe it, as my pain has been much improved since the second visit.

She's quite meticulous, and each treatment lasts about 90 minutes. The first visit took two hours.

Has anyone else tried applied kinesiology?

Suze

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you will put kinesiology in the 'search messages' they have nine messages in the archives you might want to read.

I am so glad you found something that is helping you. That is wonderful, and I do so hope it continues for you.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Every Naturopath I know in this area and even some M.D.'s who are into alternative medicine uses this technique to diagnose a)allergies, and b) the appropriateness of various herbs, vitamins, etc. for a particular person. With FMS patients they have to make sure they wait a decent interval between each test so the arm muscles can relax again. I know one M.D. accupuncturist who attaches a computer with electrodes to the patient and uses that to somehow double confirm the arm pressing test results as the patient holds vials of various suspected allergens in her hand.
    What I don't get from your post is how this is used to TREAT a problem. I have never seen it used for anything other than diagnosis or picking the best treatments, but not as an actual treatment in itself. How is this done?
    Curious as ever,
    Klutzo
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

and had very satisfactory results... My chiro used it to treat a 4 to 5 year bout of knee pain... it works under some circumstances and with a good practitioner!!!! Good luck!
  6. Suze

Suze New Member

Shirl, thanks for the suggestion. I had tried a search under "applied kinesiology," but it should have occurred to me to try it with just kinesiology. I'll do that.

Klutzo, I wish I could answer your question about how she does it! I meant to ask her this week, but I got caught up in the session and forgot. She tests a multitude of muscles and does various things with accupressure, cranial adjustments, her "activator" device, and who knows what else. I have my eyes closed! :)

One specific thing had to do with the pineal gland. When she determined it was malfunctioning, she did something gentle to my head, and then had me press my thumbs on the roof of my mouth. (Inhale....press outward to each side...exhale and release...repeat twice more.)

Whatever she does, it's both meticulous and subtle, the latter making the results all the more amazing.

Even more amazing is....<b><font color="green">MY INSURANCE COVERS IT!!!</font></b>

Suze