My experience with Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swimmer71, Jan 4, 2006.

1. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

I am taking Lyrica as well....

First, my pain is concentrated in the head, face, neck, and shoulder region.

I have been on Klonopin for almost two years to help me sleep.

Anyway, new doctor (referred to by my pain doctor) prescribed Lyrica. Have been on it for over a month.

It has indeed made me more sleepy, alhtough the past two weeks my sleep has began to suffer for some reason.

I have read through many posts and you complain of constipation. I can't say I am constipated, but my bowel movements are more solid than they have been in quite some time. Prior to the Lyrica I was subject to frequent diarrea, particularly right after eating a large meal. That has stopped.

As for the pain...can't say it has helped much. In fact, the facial pain has worsened and it can be quite scary. I wish I had more frequent contact with the doctor, but as we all know, that is not the way it works. I see him in a few weeks.

I am taking the drug as prescribed, with meals 2-3 times a day. Days I sleep late, I take the drug beginning with lunch.

We have talked about using tsanadine (spelling) instead. Not sure how we would transition to it since it seems difficult to get off a drug like Lyrica.

Thanks for everyone's posts. I learn a lot from them.

2. jennypee

jennypee New Member

3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

swimmer71:
    I toyed with the idea of asking my doctor for Lyrica.
    Instead, before asking, I asked him to describe it.
    He told me it was akin to Nuerontin: just some small molecules added/changed.

I did not have good luck with Nuerontin, so I decided not to ask for a script to try it.

Hugs,
    NyroFan