My experience with the pain clinic ....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cyberamy, Mar 10, 2003.

1. cyberamy

cyberamy New Member

today went very well. The Doc was awesome. I was put on the Durgesic Patch the lowest dose yesterday morning and I can already feel the difference this morning. Wow... to actually wake up pain free is soo encouraging! Any experience with this med? Side effects? Just the fact that I dont have to pop soo many damn pills is awesome! I dont want to talk to soon though I just hope the miracle drug keeps working. Also would like to add that this facility is also a rehabilitaion center as well (Physical Therapy) for and just wondering if anyone has had experience with PT for fibro and if it was beneficial. Thanks and take care,Amy
  2. willow

willow New Member

I was put on this when I had really bad pain especially in my legs.
    My "exercise" program was to mow our huge yard with a push-mower. This normally took 3 days of near death heat-strokes, and 4 days of recovery, then it was time to start over again!

I slapped the patch on and had the ENTIRE yard mowed in a few hours! BUT, I had a horrible migraine that lasted the remainder of the three day patch. My doc said this was not a typical side-effect and said wait a day or two then try it again. So I did, this time without the mowing! Within 1 hour, the migraine was sooooooooo bad, I took the patch off, and went back to swallowing a handful of pills.

I hope it does work for you, because that was the ONLY relief my legs ever got until the guai.
    Love and Prayers, Lisa
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I recently went to a pain mgt. doc and she put me on Darvocet and ordered PT. I go to the first PT session tomorrow. I think it's more of the evaluation, etc. session and then my PT visits will be scheduled for 3 x week. The doc said I would hurt more at first, but then I will begin to feel much better. I hope I will feel better! Maybe until the bills come in. I'm supposed to go 3 times a week, for 6 weeks, at a co-pay of $10 per visit. So, even with insurance, it will be expensive. I am just thankful that I have insurance, or I wouldn't be going in the first place! They are suppose to teach me some type of exercises to do at home, too. However, when I am home alone, I won't have anyone pushing me to do them, so I don't know how faithfully I'll comply! :)