My eyes burn and swell anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Mar 7, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

My eyes will burn and I end up blinking them non-stop. Then they swell, like I've ben crying or something. I usually feel really bad when this happens. Wonder what brings this on in the eye area. I try to stay away from people as I look like an addict or something, but this is not the case at all, I think, maybe I am just exhausted and not feeling well. Who knows??

Kriket
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Almost 3 years ago my eyes would turn bright red and water would run from them, my eyelids would swell till I looked horrible. Then I developed "Cluster Headaches". After numerous doctor visits and a hefty amount of cash I got on my computer and found the cause. It was Aspartame. Now I have to completely avoid it and MSG.
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

I have problems every once in a while with my vision blurring. It is kinda scary. When my eyes do burn and swell they hurt like the way you described yours as hurting.

Kriket
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

How sweet of you to go and purchase a massage for her. Darn it, I think all the women here wished they had a husband like you. You seem like a real gentlemen. If your not embarressed about it being a feminine place, I say go for it. Afterall, you would not want a masssage to go to waste, that would be such a shame!!!!

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 03/08/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/08/2007]
  5. nightngale

nightngale New Member

Yes it may be dry eye, my eyes got it last year and was just properly dx. I have to use a lubricating drop made for DRY eye. I also got blood work for Sjogresn disease which goes with Dry eye and fibro sometimes but the rheumy sad it wasn't. It can be common as we get older. I would get a schimer test from eye doc. My eyes are puffy and stuck together in am and I got first dx as conjunctiviits, then allergies, the chronic conjunctivitis, till finally the dry eye. Good luck!
  6. momof471

momof471 New Member

my eyes hurt and burn, they swell alot, they feel really sensitive and I get blurry vision, in fact I cried the other day infront of my husband, I was trying to read a string of numbers and they kept on blurring together and I couldn't read it, it really scared me.
  7. i had this happen to me before i got ill with the mobility problems connected to my fibro.

ive always been happy to help elderly people out with chores that they could no longer do themselves.this is like before the fibro got a good hold of my spine and legs.

anyway i was helping a elderly friend sort his garden out,and i remember that my eyes started to feel like they were on fire,i got a severe burning pain on the eye balls,and tears just streamed down my face.

i had to go straight home and wash my eyes.and when i looked in the mirror the eyes were red and very swollen.

i found out that im ellergic to cat pee,it must have been in the very long grass that id pulled up out of the flower border.

id never had problems before, being near cats or their pee,but suddenly here i was getting this frightening symptom.it just goes to show,that when we think we know our body well,something new creeps in to course a riot with the immune system.

kind regards
    fran
  8. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

And I find that if I get very tired my eyes swell, and can be watery. When I wake up in the morning, my eyes sometimes sting.
    I generally use a damp cold washcloth on them, and it helps alot. My face is kind of oily and I think sometimes the oils from my face get in my eyes causing the stinging.
    Not sure what causes the swelling when I'm tired, my eye lid kind of droops. Eye doctor said I have a lazy eye that causes some of it.
  9. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

My eyes swell up and tear a lot. It makes me look like I am crying. This happens to me everyday.