My eyes--some prayers, some hope, some humor even!!!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by TwoCatDoctors, Jun 28, 2009.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I have eye surgery on July 13 for a cataract caused by medication, then after that is fully healed in perhaps 4 to 6 months, then they will do the cataracts on the other eye.

The problem is that I am allergic to steroids and the eye surgeon said if I can't tolerate the steroids, then she can't do the surgery and I will lose vision in both eyes permanantly because they won't be able to remove the cataracts. Apparently there is so much inflammation afterwards, that steroids are an absolutely necessity after the surgery and there is no drug to replace steroids for this. I really pushed the eye surgeon with lots of questions on alternatives and such.

So the surgeon said the steroid eye drops are a low concentration of steroids. So we are now doing a four-day trial test of steroid eye drops in my eye to be operated on. If the test comes out okay without any problems to that eye, I can have the surgery. If there are problems, I cannot have the surgery and my future is, shall we say, "out of sight."

I have added this to my morning prayers. I've talked to both of my cats and told them if it so happens I lose my sight, they will have to ride in my electric scooter basket and give me one meow to go right, two meows to go left and a tap on my hand to stop and two taps on my hand to proceed and to whack me in the head when it is afternoon feeding time.

I am trying to be strong and telling myself what will be is in greater hands than mine.

2. daylight

daylight New Member

I'll be praying that you'll be able to have the surgery . I've have 4 surgeries done on my eyes but they where all for a muscular problem . Not directly on the eyes it self . I didn't have to use a steroid in my case . But there was a huge amount of swelling for 3 weeks afterwards.
    Stay strong God will answer our prayers.

((((((HUGS)))))))

D.
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi

I'm praying that you'll be able to tolerate the steroids!

Have you started on testing them yet?

Will keep praying. Let us know how things progress.

Love, Judy

4. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Praying that this test will work out fine, and that you can have the surgery. Yes, what will be is in great hands.
    Love, Cynthia
  5. jole

jole Member

May our Jesus lay his gentle loving hands on you...and your eyesight be retained. Jole
  6. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I started the steroid eye drops in just my bad eye and had blurring and itching, running nose. It went away after a half hour. I'm hoping that is a good start. Only time will tell.

My cat Shelby was at the sofa were I sit and knocked over my small trash can there by my feet and began throwing stuff out of it (mostly my tissues) onto the rug--that's her way of telling me "good gosh woman, get this trash can emptied STAT." Shelby is a neat freak and likes everything just so and likes trash cans emptied daily.
  7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

The result of the trial test of steroid drops on my eyes is complete and the eye surgeon said the side effects in the beginning are okay and we are a go for the eye surgery on July 13. Thank you all and Thank God for helping me through this (even though I'm not done yet).
  8. daylight

daylight New Member

YEAH!!!!! This is good news! When this is all over write me tell me how the stars in the sky look. I miss them . All I see fuzzy smudges .lol I'm so happy for your TwoCatDoctors . God is so faithful!
  9. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Hooray I am glad the eye drops worked. I am praying the surgery will be successful. Cats really have a way of keeping us in line don't they? I smile when I read your posts about them, and that you give them so much love and they give it right back!

big hugs, keep us posted
    vivian
  10. soulight

soulight New Member

I am so happy about your eye drop success ! Please keep us posted about the progress. I love your cat posts too , BTW. I just love those little fuzz babies. I am hoping to have 1 or 2 in the next year or so now that I have mourned my 2 that died in the last 2 years.

Holly