My Face Hurts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Jan 26, 2007.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

It sounds funny, but seriously,.....

sometimes the skin on my face hurts.
    almost like its super sensitive.
    Maybe its the cold snap/winter that brings it on?

I'm hoping others will know what I'm talking about, and maybe have experienced the same?
    Does anyone get this odd one??
    What is it from?
    I have FM,and a hundred or so other complaints~ lol

Thanks~
    Tandy
  2. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

My DH would love you.

His favorite line is: "Does your face hurt?"

I answer "no".

"well its killin me!"

He finds this hilarious even after 18 years. Actually I bet he used this on his first wife too. Hmmm maybe that's why she left him....

Sorry I don't really intend to make light of your pain but the title made me chuckle.

Hope someone here has some advice.

Shar
  3. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Hi Tandy,

I know what you mean. My skin is sensitive to all types of stuff. Thank goodness not my puppy (Great Dane/Pony)
    & my kitty. I notice the weather hurts me period.
    My skin turns red & blotchy & swells up(usually my left arm & my ankles & lower calves).

I know what you mean about the complaints. My husband doesn't mind listening to them, but it is nice to be able to come here & share it with others who completely understand.

take care & enjoy your weekend.

love your new friend,
    Dawn aka doc's wife & fungirl :) :)
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

But I need to hear from more who have this.
    ?????
    anyone else?

its mostly one whole side of my face,... cheek & ear area.

Oh,.. Yes, my sons like to ask each other if their face hurts. To which they reply.."well,..its killin me!'

bunch of nuts!
  5. jole

jole Member

Mine is the left side of my face only. It feels like a lot of hot needles that tingle. I also get the "crawly" sensation at times on that side of my face. I keep looking in the mirror expecting to see it looking different, but it doesn't.

It might be the weather, but I rarely go outside so that shouldn't be it. But then I think it is also usually when I'm having a lot of pain in my jaw from the TMJ, so wonder if it is connected to that.

You're right, just one more of many s/s.
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

well,...theres a few of us.

Maybe its not that common?
    I've suspected I suffer bouts of TMJ so maybe its in with that ailment.
    at any rate,... Its another thing to deal with this illness. (and my list is getting long!)
    thanks all :)
  7. Mwitherite

Mwitherite New Member

I had great skin when I was younger, now 28, I have blotchy red sskin on my face and it hurts more when it's really hot or really cold. I also have acne that not only looks bad, but it makes my face hurt even more. I use noxzema cream in the morning and at night to help calm my skin, just the old Original Deep Cleansing Cream. It helps but that's all. If anyone out there knows of something better let us know!!

- M