My family is so wonderful...........

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, May 20, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I just want to share that my aunts, uncles and cousins finally understand this DD and what it does to me on a daily basis. As you may remember I had a garage sale and two of my aunts (my father's sisters) brought stuff over to sell and worked at the sale. They finally understand what happens to me on a daily basis with this battle of my mind over my body. My mind wants to do all the things I use to do but my body won't let it.

Anyways, my birthday was yesterday and the same two aunts stopped over to see me today and brought me small gifts with cards and wished for me to have "better" days. My heart just swelled with so much love. We have never been much of a "lovey" type family...meaning, no hugs, etc. Both of my aunts gave me hugs and told me how much they loved me and want to see me feeling better. I was just overwhelmed. Then my mother stopped and gave me a bouquet of pink roses and an extremely generous gift of money that she said I should keep for myself and not tell anyone else was just between her and I. It just brought tears to my eyes!

I'm sorry if this story isn't written very I'm struggling with the pain but just the thought of my aunts and the hugs gives me a sense of serenity so I may deal with this DD.

Thank you everyone for letting me share this with you!
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday. May you have may more healthy ones with hopefully less pain.

So glad you had a nice birthday yesterday and that your family understands your DD and is being so helpful to you.

How sweet of them to help you with the garage sale and give you little gifts like that. To me it isn't the gifts but the thoughts that are the most important, as I am sure you feel too.

Ph, and beautiful roses. How wonderful is that and (secret)money!!! I am so glad you haad a gareat day and was able to share it with your thoughtful family.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

First of all "Happy Birthday"!!,,,,How sweet of your Aunties to stop by with Gifts! They now must understand whats going on with this DD,,,,,,,What a relief!

And what a Sweet gesture from your Mom Too!,,,,,,,Your a lucky Girl! I mean Pink Roses and Money! Wow!,,,,you are doin' good today Girl!,,,lolol,,,,,I'm sure they Love you and are proud to have you in their Family!,,,,,God Bless!,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  4. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

It must be so nice when a break-through is made with family and friends. That has got to be the greatest bday gift ever! It truely seems like they now know what you have to deal with on a daily basis. My heart is swollen with happiness for you, girl.

This was truely a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for you!
  5. poets

poets Member

This sounds like one of your best birthdays ever! I'm so happy that your family is starting to "come around." Thanks for sharing this. It cheers me up when I read about good things happening to others. (I was having a "down" day today.)
    Here's hoping you have many more times with your family like this.

[This Message was Edited on 05/21/2008]
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hey! Great news! Do you have any idea why the breakthrough?

Hope you're feeling better today.

7. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Monica, I am so happy for you. There is nothing like getting the support from you family. Thank you so much for sharing with us. It gives me hope.

8. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Having support with this illness is so vitally important!
    Many of us that have struggled with this for year see our friends leave us..and our family tire of us...they seem to have such a hard time believing that we can STILL be sick!
    I hope that your family continues to be so kind and loving and support for you.
    You are a lucky girl!
    And..your flowers on your picture look amazing btw!...Hopefully the nice weather we are getting finds you feeling enough energy to do some of the outdoor things you love to do!
    I have some dirt..some seeds..and some pots...waiting for I just need the energy to show up!
    Suzan ( aka..kipper)
  9. jole

jole Member

Good for you! There is nothing like a hug, especially from a stoic family, is there? Bet that was the best experience ever! (Even better than the gifts) Hope the caring are blessed!
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Happy birthday dear, sorry to be late.

What a nice story and a supporting family.

Love Annie
  11. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I just can't thank all of you enough for your encouraging posts and all of the love and support I have received here for all of you!

It has been a year since I was diagnosed with fibro and I'm still learning how to deal with this dd, my body and mind on a continuing basis. As for my family, we have always been a very tight knit father passed away in 2001 of a rare tissue cancer and since his death it has brought the family even closer together. What has happened to me during this time is I have completely withdrawn from the family. The only one who really knew what was happening with me was my mother. So, when my aunts were over for the garage sale they saw what happens to me on a daily basis. They now know it is no longer "in my head" and I'm being lazy and having "mental issues" as another relative was saying. They truly understand my battle with my body as ungoing daily battle.

Granni: It brought me to tears with all the "little gifts" as they didn't mean anything it was the thought that my family "truly" understands and believes in me. Thank you!

Sis: It is a huge relief. And the "aunts & cousins" have taken it upon themselves to have someone check in with me each week to see how I'm doing. It really touches my heart.

Kathleen: It was the best birthday gift ever to have this breakthrough with my family. It doesn't matter about the gifts, money or anything....that my family understands is the greatest gift of all.

Poets: I'm glad to hear this cheered you up a little. Believe me if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone. I have the most stubborn German family around and this was truly a miracle.

Linda: You are so sweet. I truly am blessed to have met you and can call you a friend. Thank you so much for all of your love and support!

Rockgor: I wrote above about the breakthrough. Some days are better than others as we all know too well. Thank you my friend!

Fibromickster: I truly hope you find the love and support you need from your family as well. I'll be praying that they will come around as well. It truly is such a burden off my shoulders and I pray that this burden is lessened for you also my friend!

Mustlovdogs: Thank you for the belated birthday wishes and the understanding about the family.

Suzan: My dear sweet friend! So good to see you! I really need to send you an email. I miss chatting with you! Thank you for your post.....I love ya, girlfriend and I pray for you everyday to send you strength and my your journey end soon so you may have some peace in your life.

Jole: Thank you so much. You hit the nail on the head. My family is very "stoic" and once they have made up their mind they are as good as gold. Thank you, again!

Cromwell: Thank you, Annie. Your love and support means so much to me!