My father in law passed away this Sunday night.............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Aug 1, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

About 10 years ago they gave my father in law 6 months to live..he had colon cancer...they did surgery to remove it but said they didn't think they had gotten it all............

Here it is 10 years plus later.........and he broke his hip........................ while he was recovering, he kept complaining about his back hurting.........

they took xrays at the hospital and found him full of cancer......his colon cancer returned and metathasized throughout his body....

this was about 6 weeks ago..........also his main artery to his heart was at a 5 1/2 and at 6 it explodes.........they gave him only a few days to live...................

we were fortunate enough to get together with all of my husbands sisters and his brother and we went to see him out of state for an entire weekend..........

when we left I told my husband I had a feeling he would live for another month or two...........

I was fairly close........he passed away this Sunday night.................he lasted another 6 weeks after we left!

My husband is really upset and is trying to act like he is ok.......but I can tell he is not!

I feel sad too...........my father in law always got along well, and he was always nice to me..............although we didn't see him often since he lives in another state he will be missed!

Death is so final no matter how you think your prepared you really never are!

Thanks for listening

XO
    Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2006]
  2. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so very sorry to hear about the lose of your father-in-law. You are so right you are never really prepared to loose a loved one.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your family.

God bless
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

SO VERY SORRY. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS. YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT DEATH. DEATH IS FINAL NO MATTER HOW YOU THINK YOUR PREPARED YOU REALLY NEVER ARE. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE OLD OR SICK EITHER. YOU HAVE MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY. MAY YOU FIND COMFORT THROUGHOUT THIS DIFFICULT TIME.

KRIKET
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

from what my son said about his grandma dying back in april....

death is part of life....

hugs to you

jodie
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

My condolences to you, your husband, and family on the loss of your father-in-law.

I'll say a prayer for your family.

Love,
    Janet
  6. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i will be praying for you and your family for your loss.

so sorry
  7. petsrme

petsrme Member

so sorry Doxy. I will be praying for your family.
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My condolences to you. On top of all else this is another blow, but it seems as if his passing was inevitable, although hard for your dh.

So sorry.

Love Anne Cromwell
  9. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

to hear about your father-in-law. You and your family will be in my thoughts during this very difficult time in your lives.

I, too, have lost many family members, 5 within 13 months so I understand the pain you are dealing with. Just take one day at a time, and if you need to cry, vent, reminisce or whatever you need, go ahead and do it, there's no "right" way to deal with grief.

Take care, {{{{{gentle hugs}}}}}

Lis
  10. TAM

TAM New Member

HI Doxy,

I'm so very sorry for your husband and you and all your family.

There are no words i could say that would help you feel better, just know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sending gentle hugs of comfort your way.

Take care, Tammy
  11. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I'm sorry. I do know how you feel and the sadness you are going through.

My husband's grandfather has cancer and I am afraid that I will be suffering a loss in the near future.

Linda
  12. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

thank you all for your words of kindess and love..........I know now that my father in law is with his beloved wife ( my husbands mom) who died in a car accident abotu 30 years ago.............he never ever got over that!

Last time I talked to him he told me he still loved her so much! I simply said " I know you do"!:)

He is no longer in pain and is in a much better place!

Thank you so much again for everyone who posted here ......and cares!
    XO
    Doxy
  13. sues1

sues1 New Member

I agree with what Jodie's son said, I say it often.

Sorry to learn of his passing. It is hard on those left behind. He sounded like a good man.

Blessings to you and the family...........Susan
  14. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

Sorry to learn about your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers. I know that this time is very difficult
    for all of you.

I lost my mom last November to cancer. I grieve everyday in some way. I look at pictures, talk about her, remember our lives together and I cry a lot.

The departure of our loved ones hurts deeply. It is
    a loss that one can not explain.

Knowing that we will see our loved ones again brings
    much comfort. I hope and pray that all of you will
    be comforted and blessed with peace.

God Bless,
    Maribelle