My father in laws funeral

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bapakay, Dec 16, 2005.

1. bapakay

bapakay New Member

Many thanks to all who responded to my posts a few weeks ago.I posted a response on the depression board by mistake!! sorry about the delay!! I got no response on the d
    epression board and I am not suprised!!! haha.
    I was wondering if I could really handle a quick 3 day trip from Okla. to Fla. and back to go to my father in law's funeral. I wanted to go so bad but was in the tail end of a flare.
    Well. I decided to go!!It was fast and furious and I am very glad I went. I would do it over again. My mother in law is the greatest and I wanted to do it for my husband also!
    Well, I had an accident in the funeral home on the night of the wake. I was getting off the couch and caught a fall, guess I got top heavy not sure what. Walked on a painful trip rest of trip and had an xray when I got home brode my right foot. Plus when I was getting my xray, jammed my left foot on the corner of a metal box while getting off the xray table and broke my 4th toe left foot. what a klutz I am. so I am casted on the right and buddy taped and surgical shoe on left!!! so I am not driving and at the mercy of family!!! the medical assistant at the doctor's office apologized for laughing as it was 'To funny". So, yes I would do it again, but it sure put me in a bad flare. In bed alot and alot of extra pain!!but this too shall pass.
    So thanks to all who gave me advice, there were posts supporting my going and posts that advised me not to go. I did not follow my intuition and went and look what happened!!!
    Hope everyone had wonderful holidays. This is such a special place, a soft place to fall when needed!!! Bapakay .
    [This Message was Edited on 12/16/2005]
  2. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Sorry for your loss and all you have been through. Praying peace and comfort.
  3. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I am also glad to hear, even though you had a rough spell, that everything went well and you are happy you went. I'm afraid I was the instigator and urged you first so I am real glad it worked out well - there are just certain things you can't "do over" and I know my hubby would want me there no matter what he would say.

Take it easy and get though this extra pain - plenty of R&R - now it is your turn - tell that wonderful man of yours that you need a back rub:)

Thinking of you
    Kelly
  4. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

and just wanted to say what a courageous attitude you have about it all. Blessings. Jen102
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Bapakay,

I didn't see it about your father-in-law, but I am so sorry.

I know what it is like...just went to a funeral (my sweet daughter-in-laws dad died of brain cancer) this past Fall. It was from Florida to Illinois. We drove up there...but I flew back...due to the length that my son was staying.

So I know what a toll on the body and mind that it can be. God will bless you for your efforts!

I pray you heal well and feel better soon!

MamaR