My fav quote to help me through tough times!

Discussion in 'Positive Thinking and Inspirational Quotes' started by ElaineJukeson, Jun 9, 2015.

1. ElaineJukeson

ElaineJukeson Member

"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all of your thoughts break their bonds, your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction and you find yourself in a new great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be."
    Patanjali
    amybrice likes this.
  2. rosejost

rosejost Member

So much inspiring and true.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

"To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never. In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden, and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony."

(William Henry Channing, 1810-84, US clergyman and philosopher, U. S. House of Representatives Chaplain.)
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    gb66 likes this.