My Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'Positive Thinking and Inspirational Quotes' started by hangininthere, Apr 22, 2015.

1. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

Freedom is when you can carry all you need in your backpack, and all you love in your heart.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

The grass is greener where you water it.

If you chase two rabbits, both will escape.

Let the cold world do its worst; one thing I know - there's a grave somewhere for me. The world may go on just as it's always done, and take everything from me - loved ones, property, everything; but it can't take that. Some day I'll lie down in it and forget it all, and my poor broken heart will be at rest.

The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that frightens us most. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will feel secure around you. As we let our light shine we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying "I will try again tomorrow."

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth
    becomes an act of rebellion.

Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out?

Don't let society steal your uniqueness.

You should never let the sun set on tomorrow before the sun rises today.

Wisdom must be gathered, it cannot be given.

If you want people to think you are wise...agree with them. (haha)

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

You can tell the character of a person by how they treat people they don't need.

There is a principle which is a bar against all
    information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

It is the wounded oyster that mends its shell with pearl.

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.

I never stop to think, because I never stop thinking.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.

Those who don't hear the music, think the dancer quite mad.

The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea.

The happiness of my life depends on the quality of my thoughts.

I can only please one person per day.
    Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow doesn't look good either. (haha)

There is one thing stronger than all the armies
    in the world: and that is an idea whose time has come.

When you row another person across the river,
    you get there yourself.

Getting over a bad experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.

Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift to discover a beautiful heart.

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Glance into the world just as though time were gone: and everything crooked will become straight to you.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

Don't believe everything you think.

Tears are to the heart, what the mouth doesn't dare to say.

Take pleasure in little things. The big things come and go.

Enjoy the little things in life...for one day you will look back and realize, they were the big things.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Jesus Christ is not a weapon.

When you lose, do no lose the lesson.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

The trump card that supports the uncertain days is your Soul.

Freedom is choosing your responsibility. It's not having no responsibilities, it's choosing the ones you want.

Never let yesterday use up too much of today.

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.

If you want to improve your reality, you have to accept it first.

Ring the bells that can still ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.

Why be a label, be yourself and keep others guessing instead.

When we get tangled up in our problems, be still.
    God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.

It's none of your business what people think of you.

Give up trying to figure out other people...it's their journey not yours.

As long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you otherwise might.

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
    stream26, Alexis20 and amybrice like this.
  2. peterprk

peterprk Member

Great thoughts, I learned a lot here.. Even I want to say one quote.

" Where there is faith, there is no fear" .
    rockgor likes this.
  3. Alyssa21

Alyssa21 Member

Really very awesome quotes.
    Thanks for the sharing.
  4. ElaineJukeson

ElaineJukeson Member

Thank you! Beautiful! x
    amybrice likes this.
  5. rosejost

rosejost Member

:D
    Nice quotes. :)
    jack89 and amybrice like this.
  6. juliawills

juliawills Member

Nice Quotes ......
    Really such a good collection. Thanks for sharing with us.
    jack89 likes this.
  7. Alexis20

Alexis20 Member

Excellent collection
  8. bodylisten

bodylisten Member

“Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity.”
    - Simone Weil
  9. bodylisten

bodylisten Member

Great collection. This one I am finding particularly good to think on.
  10. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

"The fragrance always remains in the hand that gives the rose."
  11. zebrass

zebrass Member

nice quotes..
  12. stream26

stream26 Member

Grate collection ! Thanks and want to add one : I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents; we're all teachers - if we're willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door (c)