my feet feel like im walking on glass

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by floridamarlen, Jan 14, 2006.

1. floridamarlen

floridamarlen New Member

iam currently on a research drug and it seems to be helping with muscle pain,spasms,ibs..ect. now my feet feel like every step i take iam walking on glass.my knee cap keeps poping out too. I just got to the point where i feel like doing things and am able to do them for short periods of time and now my feet kill. is this fibro or maybe atheritis? i dont know . scared to death im gonna end up in a wheelchair. anyone else get this? help... thanks... marlene
  2. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Ouch, that does not sound too good. I have no idea why your feet feel like that , the closest mine get to that is a prickling feeling, like they are falling asleep. I also have shooting pains in my rt foot , but that is from the sciatic nerve.

Do you mind me asking what kind of medicine they have you on, maybe you could ask the doctor what side effects are

Hope you feel better soon

hugs,
    kgangel
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Floridamarlen:
    I have the same problem. It is only when I get up in the morning. As soon as I start walking it goes away.
    I hope you find an answer to your problem. There could be so many causes, but I would blame it on FM/CFS (for me).
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

B5 (Pantothenic Acid) for my painful feet, I take it with B6 and a Bcomplex. It hasnt cured the pain but I can walk again.

My doctor says I might have dead nerve ends on my feet like people with diabetes and alcoholics get but I am neither. I'm in UK and dont get tests easily.

love
    Rosie
  5. savefuel

savefuel New Member

Look for someone in your area that is a Nikken rep and ask to BORROW a pair of magnetic insoles for one week. If they work, buy them, if they don't, then just hand them back and continue looking for a solution.