My Fibro Fog For Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dinda, Jul 27, 2008.

1. dinda

dinda New Member

I just got home from church it's around 8pm here in Alabama. I went into the kitchen and noticed the coffee canister didn't have the lid on it. The lid was on the other side of the kitchen by the coffee maker. The coffee is beside the microwave on the other side. I even took the creamer out of the fridge and it's by the coffee maker. I noticed the coffee pot is beside the sink. I never made coffee this afternoon. I remember getting everything to make coffee because I wanted some iced coffee but I guess I just forgot about and never made the coffee. Oh well just another day in the fog. Wonder what I will forget tomorrow? lol

I had to edit this after it was posted I misspelled fibro. lol
    I think it's time to take a amitriptyline and go to bed. [This Message was Edited on 07/27/2008]
  2. homesheba

homesheba New Member

i am on the coast of ms.
    and i totally get what you are saying....
    i will start to do something and wind up
    doing 20 million other little things
    before finally remembering
    what i was going to do in the first place.
    by then i am too wiped out to do it.
    and then i forget about it...
  3. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

Today I called my dr's office regarding a dosage on one of my meds. As usual I got the voicemail which I hate, but I understand it's necessary. Well, first off I forgot the nurses first name. I've only talked to her like a million times. I left a name on the voicemail. Is it hers? I have no idea. I left the info (correct I hope). Ready to leave the callback info...and I blanked out on my own phone number - DUH! I was like...well, I'm sure you have it on my chart.

I'm sure they all had a laugh on me this morning. Can't wait for the nurse (still can't remember her name)to call back and ask me if I've finally gone over the fibro edge.

4. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Hubby and I were taking our dogs for a Slow walk this morning and I turned to him and said We forgot the bag and scooper and he looked at me strange and said you have the scooper in your hand.......oh so I do. He really gave me a strange look.......guess he hadn't really noticed this symptom before.

A couple of days ago I left the burner on the stove on and I really thought in my mind I had cut it off. :) Hubby found that too. :)

I always worry now that I'm going to leave the garage door open when I leave......and I can't tell you how many times I've turned my car around to check, because I can't remember if I did or not. :(

Gentle hugs, Susan
  5. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

Oh Gosh...I have done that a hundred times. I'll be like a mile from home. Did I put the garage door down? Or...did I turn the coffee maker off?

Or...the dreaded...did I take my meds?

6. cindysewstoo

cindysewstoo New Member

My personal favorite. I turned the kitchen faucet on (for some good reason, I'm sure) then proceeded to just walk away. My husband called after me "Were you going to use that for something?" I had no idea what he was talking about until I came back out and saw the water running. (sigh...)
  7. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Thanks for sharing your stories. I needed a good laugh. I have done so many "fog things" that makes me crazy. Between fog and ADD I give up! P