My finger tips hurt Anyone else??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Mar 27, 2006.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

my fingertips tips hurt and are cracking. I try to put bandaids on them but that is a chore.

Does anyone else have problems with the ends of your fingers?
  2. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I have very cold sensations in my toes and finger tips.They sting really bad and I need to wear gloves alot.

As far as the cracking, my husband has that problem.Very painful.We have put vaseline on his fingers and put plastic bread bags over his hands at night and that has helped.I wish I knew why the tips crack like that.My husband has had this problem for many years.

Good luck on getting some relieve.be sure and keep some anti-bacterial cream around to prevent inflamation.

HUGS
    Sheila
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

do you take an essential oil, like salmon, flax, hempseed?

I used to get the cracking and bleeding, but not since I take a high enough dose of salmon oil. I also stopped going out of my way to eat low fat. Since I became a nutritionist I learned the difference between healthy fats, and the ones to avoid. So I avoid hydrogenated oils like the plague they are, and don't worry about saturates any more, but eat lots of poly's and monounsaturates and don't limit them at all.

My skin is soft and glows, no more winter itch and no cracking and bleeding. I double my salmon oil caps in the winter to four 1000 mg caps and take 2 in the summer when I need it less. My skin lets me know how much to take.

Jeanne
  4. lilchisler

lilchisler New Member

Hi there,

I, too, am having the worst time. Every finger has deep ( i mean really deep) cracks that have continually bled all week. I have to use my hands all day, and it makes it hard with bandaids.

This is part of the Lupus part of my illness although I do agree that my body is probably lacking in some type of oil. Nothing brings much relief, not even dipping in hydrocortisone and bandaid or carmex and bandaid.

The bad thing is that once they start, and the bad swelling that I have in my fingers and hands, it only intensifies the problem and the cracks look more like wounds that need to be stitched.

Putting them in plain water makes me feel like someone is ripping the skin from the bone right now, so I am right there with you.

I am sorry for your trouble, but have not personally found a solution that works for me.

"lilchisler"..mitzi