My first day of work......................................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Feb 13, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

after being promoted!

I went from working 20 hours a week to 42!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my first NINE hour day today and it was absolutley DRAINING on me.........thankfully I was not flaring.......so I made it through!

Iam going to give it all I have.........Iam trying to find a substitute to be able to call just in case I am too sick or just need a day to rest!
    That will relieve a lot of stress from me knowing I have someone I can call if need be it!

I also got a much deseerved raise! I have worked same place for 2 years and until now NO raise but they did give me two dollars and hour more....................

However I have complete responsibility and much much more weight on my shoulders so two dollars may sound like a lot but the reality is that my boss who's position I took was making more than double than Iam now..that is why they are getting rid of him!

Thay can't afford to pay him anymore !

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that I made it through my first day...........and hopefully my positive attitude will get me through many many more!!!!!!!!

Hugs
    Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/13/2006]
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

If anyone can work and make this work out.....you can!
    I am rooting for you!

Things are looking up for you all the time. GREAT!

Lots of Love and HUGS...galore.......Susan
  3. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

I hope you fair better than me. I just started working 33 hours a week, and I swear, I have one foot in the grave now. I have fms, and I push my self to the limits.
    I was working like 20 t0 25 hrs before.

Goodnight, Hang Tough for as long as you can. And save some money if it is possible. I am in a big black hole as far as money goes right now. I could use that rainy day money now. Cept it don't exist.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i know you have been stressed out for many good reasons... i hope your raise be good enough for now....maybe in a couple of months you can ask for another...

i am happy for you for trying so hard....

keep up the good work.

hugs,

jodie
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

WE CAN GET USED TO ANYTHING LOL I ABSOLUTELY ADMIRE YOU FOR WORKING 42 HOURS. YOU MUST HAVE FANTASTIC DETERMINATION.

WOW I AM IN AWE.

LOVE

ANNE CROMWELL

[ advertisement ]