my first message

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenafuzzy, Sep 1, 2006.

1. jenafuzzy

jenafuzzy New Member

I just read "so you say you know how i feel, huh?"

made me cry. why? because i have heard sooo many times
    "come one, let's go to the store or get you outside doing yard work, you'll feel so much better" or "can't you just make yourself get up and do it?"

i hate to say this, but i am glad that i am not the only one this kind of thing happens to. i feel really really lonely at times with FMS. i rarely do message boards or talk to people about this stuff. i hide out when i feel bad and get severly depressed. but this time i hope someone on the this board can give me some really good advise. maybe this will be a new start.
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

welcome to our world. You will find lots of help and information about CFS/FM and even other things at times here.
    Its a safe place to vent your frustrations or help others with knowledge you have . If you do not feel like posting then just read there is always something for you when you come here . Welcome again we are glad you are here.
  3. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am also new to the board. I think you will find many caring people here who can relate to what you are going through. I think many well meaning people who don't have a clue what we are going through and have never had to really deal with anything more than a cold or the flu don't really know or understand the issues we face. I truly believe that most people out there are not wanting to hurt us or invalidate what we feel but they just can't really understand it. This board has many people who have been through it all. I hope you can find support here. I was amazed at how many responded last week when I came on for the first time. I hope you find the same. Take care.

Nancy
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

This is a wonderfully supportive place where you will definitely be able to relate! I've learned so much here over the years...more than I've gotten from any doctors or books.

Use the search button if you want advice on any particular topic...employment or disability, a medication or supplement, a symptom you're having, etc....it will bring up old posts on that topic and it's a great way to get information. Also fill in your profile when you get a chance...helps us all get to know each other.

I'm sorry you're sick, but glad you are here---post any time!

Hugs,
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2006]
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

to the board it is a great place.

Take care of you,

Karen :)
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This is my one and only internet board or anything else. It is a godsend.
    Welcome.

Love Anne Cromwell
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Welcome to this board. It saved my life literally. I, like you, was not happy that others had the same problems that I, but it validated that I was not suddenly crazy.

I am going to move a couple of threads to the front page now that will be helpful to you since you are new to us. One is about Friendship and the poster was fight4acure and the other was a Welcome from Lolalee.

Again happy to have you with us.

8. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

We all can understand your response.

I have been at this (being diagnosed over 25 years ago now) approximately half my life...... seems four life-times long...... I'm 61.

"Oh I have THAT" said one co-worker, in my neck!

"I'm tired too" from a family member.

What have I learned over the years, sorry to say, but NOT to look for understanding from those who do no suffer from CSF/FMS. Others really cannot understand unless they walk IN OUR SHOES. So.... to look there, is emotionally time-consuming/exhausting.

I pray they will soften their attitude towards me.

"It feels like the worst flu you have ever had, overwhelming muscle pain, weakness, etc" might be somewhat of an explanation, but how long do folks suffer from the flu..... it spends itsself in our bodies, then dies.

CFS/FMS does not. It lives on with us.

We come to the board to share, to know that we are not alone, as you have already experienced.

What I have learned over the years is how to gain more control over what is happening in my body, and with this sense of control, I am less depressed, anxious, no longer experiencing feelings of hopelessness or helplessness.

So stick around, nice folk here. It does take some sifting through the volumes of information to sort out what will help you. One size does NOT fit all here.

"I hate to say this, but i am glad that i am not the only one this kind of thing happens to" We understand that remark!

Welcome, June
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.

Lots of nice people here who can share their experiences, stories, jokes, recipes, etc.