My first night with Zelnorm..... Ain't that the shi#s??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by franners, Jul 14, 2003.

1. franners

franners New Member

Well, went to GP yesterday and was dx with IBS and started on Zelnorm 6mg twice daily.. Well, I took one with my nightly routine of medication arsenal.. about five minutes later (mind you I have felt a little strange all day but chalked it up to fibro) my belly is just growling. I knew it hadn't been long enough to start working.. Honey Ron comes from bathroom where I assumed (keyword) he was taking a bath.. He had diarrhea and informed me of it... said he had it all day.. I am thinking in my mind (crap, why couldn't I have known this info earlier).. My stomach roared so load he could hear it!! Needless to say I have been on the john every since that moment..... afraid to take the med today..... maybe again in a few....
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

When I first started taking it..yes it cleaned me out good and when it does it cleans out the ole mucus and all. I have a reg good bowel movement every morn now and it cleans me out good and I dont bloat like I used to. I love the stuff. Yes it does stink also but its cleaning ya out good.
    Carlacat
  3. franners

franners New Member

Thank you for your info.. It is much appreciated.. Do you take it twice a day?
  4. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I do take it twice a day. Before I eat breakfast and before I eat supper. I know this may sound gross but I do fill the tolit pretty good in the morning but I feel so much better afterwards.
  5. franners

franners New Member

That on this board you can even find people to talk about bm's with you......
    I know that if I was near a county engineer sometimes he would probably cover me with lyme....