My first picture added to the profile.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Sep 16, 2005.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

All I found was a picture that we took this summer to send to my Dad for fathers day. The poor man had surgery for colon cancer early this summer. (He's fought two other cancers in the last 15 years and won as well!)

I'm happy to report that this site's prayer group must have strong powers because he's now a picture of health with no traces of cancer in his system!

Life is good!

Eileen
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Eileen:
    A beautiful photo and kudos to your father for being a real trouper. Yes, life is good!
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

and good for your Dad.

Rosie
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

What a wonderful photo...thanks so much for sharing. It's a fantastic idea to "gift" your dad with a constant reminder of how much you care for him! Actually, you just inspired me to do same w hubby for mother in law, whos going thru tough times now. Thanks for great idea!!!

You and your husband look wonderful and happy together, which is always so nice to see...such an inspiration for all of us trying to get thru this DD with our marriage (and sanity! lol) intact and healthy!

Finally, as to your father....What an amazing strong man he is! That truly sounds like a miracle, to me!!! What a blessing it must be for you to have him around for a long long time to come. I'm so glad to hear your feelings that the prayer group here helped to assist his healing. I've just joined the Thursday night group, and really, just "rediscovered" my need for prayer and faith in my life...so you all in the group have really helped me too!

After hearing of your dad's amazing recovery, and Shirl's amazing blessing in coming out of Katrina with her whole family intact and safe...It's really just boosted my faith in the power of prayer incredibly!!!

Thanks for sharing the photo, and for the lil extra inspiration!!!
    Rachel
  5. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

What a sweet picture! I love the Eddie shirt. Thanks for sharing it with us.

What a great role model your Dad is for you!

Best wishes!

Francie
  6. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

My father is a retired family physician. He's always believed that FMS is a real and painful condition. I wish he was still practicing. The world needs more Doctors like him.

Regards to you all.....I feel like going shopping!

Eileen

7. Meekah

Meekah New Member

What a nice picture!!! And, what a great idea for a picture to send to your Dad. I'm so happy he's feeling better. (My mom had coln cancer)

What a nice spot that you took the picture in. Is this propperty at your house? WOW!

Thanks for sharing, you are a very handsome couple!

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
  8. orachel

orachel New Member

Is that a willow swing, or an arbor, or what that you're sitting on? I LOVE it and must get one immediately! lol...its really quite lovely.
    Rachel
  9. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

What a beautiful picture...

Thanks for sharing with us.. And so glad to hear your father is well.

Hugs
    Bluerose
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Great photo, Eileen, you both look so happy and healthy.

Happy, also about your dad. Hope he makes it to his 100th!

Big hugs,
    Faye
  11. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

Its alovely photo, you and your hubby look a lovely couple. Thanks for sharing it. Its also nice to put a face to the name.

I am glad you dad has a clean bill of health.

I posted a photo of me and my hubby yesterday. I also live in Ontario...in Ottawa.

hugs
    brit
  12. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

It's an arbour. We moved here four years ago and there used to be an old wooden one in it's place. It fell down last year so we replaced it with a metal one with a bench. The vine is honeysuckle, and as I understand it, it's been there for the last 20 years.

The hummingbirds just love it.

Thanks to all for your kind words....

Eileen