My first post: time change troubles anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fireopal, Apr 5, 2006.

1. fireopal

fireopal New Member

Hi - This is my first post, I've been just reading threads for the past few weeks. My eyes usually give out within 20 minutes. So, I thought today, I'd just jump in! I'm a 52 yr old widow, going thru menopause, and I've had FM for 20+ years. I had to move back to the upper midwest from the southwest in 2004 after my husband passed away. So, not only are the climactic changes a problem for me - but this spring the time change over to Daylight Saving has really messed up my sleep schedule. It used to be just my cat not likeing it, but now it's me too! With little sleep, my skin pain really acts up (worse on my upper arms & chest, so that wearing clothing is difficult), plus my eye pain, neck & back pain are
    multiplied, etc., etc. So - does anyone else have trouble with the time change? Later, Fireopal
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2006]
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I hate the time change. It keeps me messed up for days. I would have been late for church if it weren't for one of my friends on this board reminding me to change my clock.

It takes my son a week to be able to get out of bed for school without being grumpy.

Post more often. We all have something to add.

Linda
  3. fireopal

fireopal New Member

Thanks - I will post more often, while having a timer on to keep me from being on the computer too long! My late husband's favorite 'pooh' character was Eeyore.
  4. fireopal

fireopal New Member

5. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I hate it too! Why can't they just leave it alone??

Welcome, fireopal. I'm new here too.

Julie
  6. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

Welcome to the boards. I think you'll enjoy it here. I'm kinda new too. As for your question, yes, this time change has bothered me. For some reason, I'm SO sleepy all the time. I just can't seem to wake up all day. Hopefully, our bodies will adjust soon.
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Another one who hates the time change. I'm not a morning person anyway and this just makes it worse. Then the evening goes by so fast, you don't realize that it is bedtime until it is passed.
  8. jake123

jake123 New Member

My husband's granny use to say "Is it Johnson's time or God's time"???
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

The time change messes me up some, too, although I like it being lighter in the evenings. I've been sleeping okay, but with it being darker in the mornings, it's been harder for me to get up for work. It's so dark at 6:30 that my body thinks it's not time to get up yet. I usually wake up before the alarm, but this week the alarm has had to wake me up.

Is it just me or did we have the time change earlier in April this year? My husband and I were thinking that we change to Daylight Savings Time later in April.

Ellen
  10. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

It usually takes me about one week to fully adjust from the time change (fall or spring).
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I read an article about how children's behavior started getting worse after they introduced daylight savings time change, first sightings of ADD etc. I have lived in several time zones and found them all hard.

Welcome in and glad you are a cat person too, many are here and doggie people. I still think I operate on UK time after 20 years of living stateside and I know others who get that way too. Larks and Owls.

Love Anne C
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2006]
  12. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I think I am probably the only one who does.
    I hate it when we do the Fall one, tho.

Now the rest of the World, more or less, is on the same time frame as me. I can actually get more done.

Hug's,
    sharonk
  13. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Hi Fireopal,
    Nice to meet you!!Hope to hear more from you!
    Take Care!
    Jordane
  14. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I wish they would keep daylight savings all yr. Yes it messes everyone up for about a week. I love daylight savings so We would have more light in the winter and not have my husband driving home in the dark at 5:00pm

Glad to have you

Suzette
  15. Empower

Empower New Member

I always have trouble with the spring time change.

It takes me about a month to adjust.

I am in bed by 9:00 pm because I am so tired!!!