My First Professional Massage

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granmama, Jan 18, 2006.

1. granmama

granmama New Member

I really did not know what to expect. I elected for the Swedish massage. My therapist said 40% of her patients have fibro. She did a combo of Swedish and med deep tissue.
    It was very relaxing. But by the time I came home, I was getting some muscle pains in areas where she specifically worked more on. She suggested ice instead of heat for the inflammation in my lower back. It did help. Also, she said to drink plenty of water to help the toxins remove from my body.
    I took 1 hydrocodone, muscle relaxer and Klonopin that evening. Pain is letting up! She anticipated me being sore for a couple of days.
    I plan on going back next week.

I would like to hear others opinions on their experiences with massages. Just judging by what I experienced today, it appears they could be addicting!!!!
    Looking forward to my next visit.
    granmama
  2. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Congrats on your massage today!! ENJOY them! I am going to use my RX that DR. gave me yesterday from the first FFC visit I had. She said you are a massage therapist but DONT get massage for yourself??? I hung my head in shame.LOL
    I will do it though, I will I will!
    I am so happy you are going.
    Remember to communicate and say if its too much. We WANT to know.

HAve fun! KAren

[ advertisement ]