My first symptom of Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by taylorat, Mar 2, 2003.

1. taylorat

taylorat New Member

I think my first symptom of Fibromyalgia was I had went to a movie with my husband and I was sitting there and all of a sudden my head felt so funny not really dizzy but a woozy feeling that is the only way I can explain it . That was a long time ago but I really thought I was going crazy. I had this feeling all the time I could not make it go away . Sometimes it would not be as bad but I would just be sitting or standing and it would hit me. I wanted to cry all the time went to several Dr's had cat scans done they found nothing wrong. I thougt I would go crazy finally I went to a neurologist and he gave me a prescription for Klonopin it saved me from insanity. The woozy feeling finally went away although it does come back once in a while. I have been on Klonopin for years I don't think I could have made it without it. I started having the pain not long after that and it has never stopped. I have taken several different medicines and nothing seems to help my pain except to take the edge off . I am in pain 24 hours a day. I was wondering if anyone elses symptoms started like mine with a funny feeling in your head?
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Don't think I have welcomed you to the board? If not, then here is a big welcome to you.

I did not have your experience, It started with a bout of pneumonia with me, thats over twenty years ago, and its only in the last year or so that I have really gotten relief from the pain.

But I do get that 'woozy' feeling sometimes, it is really strange and hard to explain.

I had it about two weeks ago, it started in a store, we were shopping for my husband (he does stress me out when we are trying to get him to buy dress clothes), I had to sit on one of the low tables while my daughter and her Dad did the shopping. After that it lasted off and on for over a week. Its gone now, but its always in back of my mind that it will come back. I hate that feeling.

Glad to have you join us, and I know you will learn a lot here to help with that pain, and all the other weird things we go through with this illness.

The board is slow on the weekends, thats why your post went to the second page without a response, always check where your post is on the weekends, sometimes you might have to 'bump' them up so others will see it on Monday.

Take care,

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

something to do with being an air head! Sorry, I had to say it because I've had it so long it almost seems a part of me. I just figured everyone felt that way until I got really sick.

I started with severe flu-like symptoms, headache that never went away (for 2.5 years so far), aches and pains everywhere. But that woozy feeling in my head was there long before the onset of the really serious symptoms that put me in the bed for over 4 months in a row to start. Now I'm getting back to that point altho the physical symptoms rotate and I never know what "new" thing I will face when I wake up.

But, yes, I do understand what you mean about your head. I would have never told anyone other than here at the message board because most of my symptoms are so strange that I don't want anyone to think I'm a nut. After all, "I look just fine." (even tho I've gained 25 pounds and can't keep myself up anymore)

I do have problems with balance from time to time also and sometimes miss-step and almost fall. Oh, I could go on and on but you get the picture.

Hang in there. Thank God for the Internet. I'm so glad to meet other people who have the same problems and we can share here whereas we can't in the "real world."

Pam