My first week back to work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, Sep 10, 2009.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

So I went back to work last week. It really hasn't been too bad. I only worked 1 1/2 days, and then had the long weekend off, so that made it easier. Everyone was really cool and seemed happy to have me back. I fell right back into the swing of things on the first day. Plus, no one did my work (well most of it) while I was gone, so I am sooooooo just makes the days fly right by!!

It was hard leaving my baby that first day though. Since I have done it before, I knew how heart-wrenching it was going to be. But that morning, she just looked at me and gave me a little smile...for some reason, that smile made me feel like it would be ok. And it was. I call my sitter almost every hour just to see if she's ok (I'm glad she doesn't mind). Everything has been going really good there. Her daughter lives at home, so she helps out a lot with the baby, because she does have other kids she watches. And they are like family to I know she is in good hands.

Well, of COURSE I ended up getting bronchitis the NIGHT BEFORE I HAD TO RETURN TO WORK! omg...I was AWFUL!! For 3-4 nights straight, I was just coughing ALL NIGHT! I FINALLY got antibiotics, and I feel much better. But my 4 y/o is now coughing, and the other night my lo sounded a little stuffed up!! I am PRAYING she doesn't get sick!

This weekend I am having my daughter's 4th b-day party so I am so busy. Plus the boys have football practice every night, and I have been running around at night after that going to stores to get everything for the party. I hope I can pull this all off! Plus my mom comes home from the hospital tomorrow (she needs a ride and she needs her dog picked up), daughter has ballet, and son has football...and I am having the party in the afternoon! It's so crazy! But it does feel good to be back to myself, pretty much.

Anyway, my baby has been really good too at night...she goes to sleep around 11 (my bedtime!) then gets up around 4 then goes right back to sleep. So that has helped me too.

You know, I really didn't think I could handle all of this...I thought I would just fall apart - taking care of four kids and getting them to day care and then going to work all day. Then coming home and running around like crazy and then doing homework, ect ect...but you know what? I did it. Not perfectly, but I did it. And I am ok. And I did it being sick. And I am still doing it. I am a lot stronger than I thought I was...and I have developed a new sense of pride in myself. Am I the best mom in the world? No...but I am doing my best, and that is all they need from me now. Are there moments when I think I will just collapse? Sure...but I don't.

On the other hand....let's see how I am feeling after this weekend. LOL.
  2. jole

jole Member

Supermom!!! Good for you....and the best of all is the sense of pride you have in yourself!!! Please take care though to not overdo with everything and starting back to work, okay?? Life does have a way of throwing a curve ball sometimes. But it sounds like you're sooooo on top of the situation, and handling it all very well. Proud of ya! Jole
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm sooo proud of you!,,,just be careful to not overdo it (thats the mom in me talkin!),,,lolol,,,see i told you that you were a great mom! although i have no idea how your doing all of this at once. i did it with 3 girls, but don't think that lfe was as hectic as it is this day and age,,,,,,,,god bless you and your family!,,,,give little Sydney a kiss for me!,,,,I told you that her and i have the same first name didn't i,,,,,HUgs,,,,sis
  4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

you really are like a superhero!! Superwoman!! Supermom!!

I think perhaps the reason you are feeling so good about everything is because deep down--you really, really wanted that baby. She has brought you an inner calm and contentment--has rounded out your family, and everything has fallen into place. I am so very happy for you.

Have a great time at the party this weekend and don't sweat the small stuff!

5. kjade

kjade New Member

Thanks for the nice words!
    I am "sort of" on top of everything I guess. I was in a great mood when I wrote the first post, so it sounds like everything is going so well, but to be honest, it has not been very easy. All the running around is making me crazy....sometimes I feel like my brain is just not working right anymore. LOL. I have started using my calendar in Outlook at really comes in handy.
    I am "trying" not to overdo it, but the other day, I swear my nerves were just shot. I was at my second football game of the day (both kids played on the same day at different places!) and I was just shaking. I realized that was a sign i needed to just slow down a little.
    But thank you for your reply and your nice words!
  6. kjade

kjade New Member

Yes, I DO remember you saying that your name is Sydney! I really do love the name - it totally fits my baby now. I get so many compliments on her name. She is just the sweetest, most calm and content baby I have ever seen, honestly. Although someone told me (she has 6 kids) that her calmest, quietest babies turned out to be her wildest toddlers! So let's hope THAT doesn't happen! LOL
    Thank you Sis for your nice words!!! I don't know how you had 3 girls in the house at once...Weren't the teen years rough? I am NOT looking forward to THAT!
  7. kjade

kjade New Member

I think you are right about me really wanting this baby. I did. All my life, my dream was to have 4 children. And although part of me was hoping for another boy (I think they are easier than girls) I am so happy I had another little girl!! I cannot wait until they are older to see how they interact and everything. Although, I would like them to stay older daughter just turned 4 yesterday, and it's hard to believe how fast she is growing up.
    Thank you for your reply....I don't know that I am a supermom - some days, I feel like such a failure. I just hope that I am able to give them everything they need and making sure they grow into good honest people, without killing myself in the process, ya know?
  8. kjade

kjade New Member

Thank you! It feels good to hear that.
    I just keep praying for God to give me the strength I need to get through each day. Physically I am not doing too well lately, but I know I just have to push through it. It certainly isn't easy, that's for sure. But I have always heard that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, and I know He gave me these beautiful children to raise for a reason, and He must think I can do it. And I know He will continue to guide me and give me strength.
    Thank you....I always appreciate all of the support I get here. Lord knows I need it.
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Kjade,

Sorry I am late in responding to this. I had surgery on wednesday for my leaky bladder (that is a nice way of saying it) :) !!

I am doing OK but having the usual problem for me of having a BM. That has been the story of my life, ever since I was a kid. The pain is not to bad and I guess I am doing OK. I just threw some wash in the washer today. Glada that I do not have to do it by hand :) !!

I am so glad that things worked out well for you going back to work. Yes, her little smilke just makes it all better doesn't it? God forbid anyone do your work but I know what you mean. At least keeping busy helps the day pass more quickly and then you can go home to your sweet baby and other sweeties.

Sometimes I wonder how I survived those days when my 5 were little. Yes, and I did survive and you are doing a great job too my dear.

I am now sitting on my inflatabale ring as I type. So, I need to go eat and be back later.

10. sisland

sisland New Member

Well having 3 girls was quite a challange!,,but fun!,,,My oldest is 30,,Tanya~ she has her own lawn care buisness,,,Janell is 27 and is having my first grandbaby in late Oct,,,earlie Nov,Yea!,,her and her dh are teachers,,My youngest is 22 Kymberlie,,,she's getting her masters in human service work,,,,,

They are all differnt personalties and yes when they were teens is was quite the handful!,,But i just followed my parenting gut instincts and spent as much time with them as possible so they wouldn't get into trouble or drugs,,etc,,always praised them no matter what they were doing,always involved them in cooking, cleaning,,etc,, ,we had a few troubled times but nothing major,,,,also when they all left home to go to college they of course had thier wild days ,,,,but kept thier future in focus,,,,for whitch i'm so thankful!!

I know that you will be a fantastic Mom and that your childern will grow up to respect you!,,,, i feel so old typing this to you!,,,lololol,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis