My FM/CFS Family

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoninKansas, Sep 11, 2002.

1. JoninKansas

JoninKansas New Member

Good morning to all,
    My heart cries out to all those who lost family, friends and love ones in 911. This FM/CFS that we all share has effected our bodies but our hearts still have feelings for God's children.
    I thank all of you for being there for me. I have been reading this message board for about 3 weeks now and finally wrote a message yesterday when I was soooo down and hurting. The response back helped me relies that I'm not crazy (like some doctors would like me to believe) and that FM/CFS is real.
    What I can't understand is "why isn't more doctors and professional medical people up to date on this disease"?
    When I told my family doctor the first words out of her mouth was "Oh, you'll have a hard time convincing other doctors and Social Security".
    My son in 1987 went into the US Navy, during his first 6 weeks of medical exams and orientation, they found fibro cyst on his legs which were attached to the bone and gave him a medical discharge. You know, if the US Navy reconized this as a disease and he wasn't fit enough for them, why does FM/CFS people have such a hard time with Social Security? I do believe this is pasted on from one generation to the next. He is now 34 and tries so hard to make a living for his family. He see's the pain and suffering I go through and hopes that there is a cure someday for him.

God bless all of us,

Joni
  2. JoninKansas

JoninKansas New Member

Good morning to all,
    My heart cries out to all those who lost family, friends and love ones in 911. This FM/CFS that we all share has effected our bodies but our hearts still have feelings for God's children.
    I thank all of you for being there for me. I have been reading this message board for about 3 weeks now and finally wrote a message yesterday when I was soooo down and hurting. The response back helped me relies that I'm not crazy (like some doctors would like me to believe) and that FM/CFS is real.
    What I can't understand is "why isn't more doctors and professional medical people up to date on this disease"?
    When I told my family doctor the first words out of her mouth was "Oh, you'll have a hard time convincing other doctors and Social Security".
    My son in 1987 went into the US Navy, during his first 6 weeks of medical exams and orientation, they found fibro cyst on his legs which were attached to the bone and gave him a medical discharge. You know, if the US Navy reconized this as a disease and he wasn't fit enough for them, why does FM/CFS people have such a hard time with Social Security? I do believe this is pasted on from one generation to the next. He is now 34 and tries so hard to make a living for his family. He see's the pain and suffering I go through and hopes that there is a cure someday for him.

God bless all of us,

Joni