my friend lost his fight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rachel432, Nov 3, 2006.

1. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i ported a few sdays ago about a friend of mine in the hospital,. he dies on wednesday evening. i'm vary depressed and just feel like crying everytime i think of him. my husband has pulled out a bunch of videos of him playing with his band and they are so hard to wotch because i feel like he should still be with us. rob his taken some of the best preformences and put them onto one tape for his wife and son so they can have them to remember him.

at least i know he isn't in pain anymore, not from the diebetes ulcers he develped, not from the pnuemonia, and not from whatever tormented him that made him drink so much.

thank you all for your kind replys and support to my last post about this, it really made a huge difference in helping me get through this. i'm sad, but in a way i know this is what is best and what has to be. i'll just miss him.

rachel
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Sorry to hear about your friend passing on. I don't know how old he was.

Take care,
    Faye
  3. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

thank you for your reply. my friend chuck wasn't old, he was only 44. that's part of what makes this so unbelievable and tragic. also he was incredibly kind and extremely talented. it just seems like such a waste.
    rachel
  4. barbaradh

barbaradh New Member

I'm just getting back to the board again after being away for some time, so I didn't read your other posts about your friend. I'm very sorry for your loss. If he was in pain, then it's a blessing that he's not suffering anymore, although that won't make you miss him any less. It's wonderful that your husband has made a tape for his wife and son to remember him by. What a wonderfully loving tribute. It sounds like you and your husband were very good friends to him, and I believe that we take the love of friends and family with us when we pass over. He was lucky to have you.

Take care, and I will say a prayer for you.

Barbara

5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

we don't understand sometimes what makes people do the things that do, especially when they know that they shouldn't do it.

but your friend had a disease of diabetes for one and the bigger one of alcoholism.

it is said to see such wonderful people in our life go that way. but know you must deal w/the present. be a good friend to the widow/son and direct to therapy. i can only imagine some of the guilt and sadness she must feel. the child could use the help as well.

and rachel if you need to get some breavement counseling do so, it may help you so much. i have had friends that had lost young husband's to skin cancer or heart disease. one was only 37 years old when he died. left a wife, 6 year old son. and a 4 year old daughter.
    hugs

jodie
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm sure both you and your husband will miss him and you can take comfort in the fact that he isn't suffering any more. My thoughts and prayers are with you both and his family. Terri
  7. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

Rachel,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your friend. Death is never easy on the survivors and there is always the question of why did this happen?

Although no one knows the answer to that question, take comfort in the fact that you did know him for years and had the joy of being his friend, and take comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering.

Anytime you need to vent or rant and rave about your grief, go ahead and do it. I lost my brother and mother last year in a 5 month time frame and i'm still not over all the feelings that go with that grief.

Take care and lean on your family and friends at this time. They will help support you the best that they can.

{{{{{GENTLE HUGS}}}}}

Lis
  8. abcanada

abcanada New Member

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. It is so painful to watch someone suffer. A few years ago, my step fatherhad to have a liver transplant, yes from drinking. Anyway, when a drinker needs this, they make you wait for 6 months to prove you can stay off the bottle. Long story short, it was a long grueling road and he died in the end. It's agonizing to watch a loved one deteriorate. My condolances! Laura
  9. elliespad

elliespad Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will pray that God will bring peace and healing, to you, and those who love him.

My deepest sympathy,

elliespad
  10. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Rachel,
    I'm so sorry for your loss and the grief that you feel. Let the grief out and grieve as much as you need to. It's so hard to lose those we love. i have had many family members die over the past number of years and I still grieve at times b/c there were so many losses. After you are done grieving, try to remember the good things and that your friend isn't very far away. keep talking to him b/c i think he may be able to hear you:)
    Keep hope alive, Monkeykat
  11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Bless your heart. My prayers are with you and your family; and of course, his.

He must have been a very special person to touch your life as he did. As time goes bye, memories of him will be easier and even helpful and joyous. Of course, it takes healing and grieving. Which you are doing.

Cry for as long as you need. With each tear drop, you begin to heal..

Gentle hugs,

Kim
  12. kriket

kriket New Member

Sorry to about your friend. May you all find comfort. HUGS!!!

Kriket
  13. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i just wanted to thank all of you for your kind words and support at this very difficult time. it means so much to me to knw that you all are there. i'm going to miss chuck but i know he is much happier now.

thanks again.
    rachel
  14. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Rachel, my condolences to you for the loss of your friend.

Being a musician myself, I can tell you that I will always believe there is a place in Heaven for all musicians and we'll meet again.

My prayers are with you and his family,

BlueSky555
  15. fivesue

fivesue New Member

peace and comfort for all of you left behind.

So sorry for your loss.

Sue
  16. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so sorry to hear you and your husband lost a dear friend. Take comfort in all your wonderful memories of him and that he is in a better place. Sending prayers up for all of you and his family.

Sandy