My friend seeks a great doc at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL Please help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hubcap_halo, Apr 2, 2009.

1. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

I have a friend who really really needs a fantastic doctor or team of doctors to help him make at least some progress in healing---he's tried everything and is suffering terribly.

Next step--the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville because it's near where he lives and plane travel is not a good option for him right now.

So anyone been to this Mayo? Anyone know the best docs there? Has anyone been to the Mayo in MN and know a doctor there who might be able to recommend a FL. Mayo doc?

Thank you!
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

I wasn't sure if your friend wanted to see a group of traditional doctors, have multiple procedures / tests run and then get medications OR see a naturopathic doctor who will try to HEAL his CFS/FM.

I was at the Mayo Clinic in Jax in 1992 for CFS/FM and had tons of tests, most of which I know now are unnecessary for CFS/FM. They never bothered to do an EGD for celiac but I had a proctoscope .... idiots ...and I was grey and losing weight all the time. Maybe they know more now, but I seriously doubt it. Before I went there, I'd ask if they do a tilt table test or run celiac panels or test for food allergies or viral titers or any of the other tests people here have had.

A friend of mine goes to an IMT clinic and swears by them. Her therapists know more than most about how natural healing occurs. Here's the info on the one in Jax. I found it by googling IMT.

CenterIMT Jacksonville
    Building 2
    1840 Southside Blvd
    Jacksonville, FL 32216
    (904) 726-0805 phone
    (904) 726-0828 fax

hope this is what you were looking for ... Marcia

PS. I was considering going there myself but I found an integrative doctor in my area who is being very helpful. Dr. Dantini isn't far from Jax ... [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2009]