my girlfriend has Fm and I feel helpless

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ba608, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ba608

ba608 New Member

She is so much pain sometimes and I dont know what to do. Can anyone give me some ideas....thank you.
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

If you're a real gentleman and hang with her, she will make you a great wife
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

You are very sweet to care and post here.

I DO hope you come back to read these posts as, my friends(above) have given you the best advice and information. They put alot of effort into it.

Take Care and I cannot say anymore than is listed above - they said it all.

Hugs
    Kim
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

chronic fatigue syndrome rather than FM. But as you can see, there are lots of friendly people here willing to share experiences, info, jokes, etc.

Your friend is lucky to have someone to help.
  5. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi glad you found our site, mainly the first thing you can do is read up on FMS, and subscribe to the email bulletins. This disorder can be very frustrating for loved ones. Your girlfriends pain is real that is important to remember, the fatigue is real too. Sometimes you may have to stay at her pace. Recently I was in a bad flare, my husband and girls had originally planned to go camping I just wasn't up for it, I talked to them, let them know the level of my discomfort and pain as many of us do try to hide it and push on... Anyways we changed our plans did not go camping, but ended up going to a nearby park for the day...

Its all about accomadations and letting her know you support her, offer to go to the doctors with her who knows it could end up being helpful. Sometimes just "being there" is the most important. She will truly appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the time to be concerned and ask for help from those of us who understand....

Suz45